B&B Resin Design - new product available - 1:32 Armco PB-1 Revetments (Vietnam era)

BiggTim

33 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Congrats Tim!

super psyched for you (us)! Harold saved my bacon several times..so I’m looking forward to the same from you buddy!! 
A-4 Scooter stuff always good! Did Harold do the cranked refueling boom? Can’t remember-

best

P

Yep, just packaged one up for someone else....

Since I don't have a website yet, I'll post a few photos here when I add something new to the "catalog". The most recent addition is item BB32134, 1:32 WW2 German "Rasenteine" airfield paving tiles. These were inspired by the great diorama Kent Karlsen did, which is now in one of Kevin's great build books. Thanks, Kent!

Each tile is approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm). I'm asking 10 USD for a set of 12 pieces, plus shipping to wherever you are. 

20230620-190454.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • BiggTim changed the title to B&B Resin Design - new product update!

As most of you know, I've had printed WW2 US Carrier decks available for some time in 1:32. I recently tried a very expensive experiment, and used one of the 3D masters that I made for my own use to make a mold, and I've successfully cast a resin copy of it. So, if that is of interest to any of you, I'm willing to offer them as a special order item only. Here she is:

20230810-121014.jpg

20230810-121021.jpg

Each base will come unpainted in gray resin, and will include enough brass PE strips from Tom's Modelworks to complete the kit. This thing is 13" x 13" (330mm x 330mm) and about 1/4" (6.35mm) thick, so it will not fit in a pressure pot. As a result, there may be some small bubbles in the surface, but a coat of paint or primer will likely fill them up (you can see them in the previous pic. I've also added an additional tie-down channel to one end so multiple bases can be linked end-to-end to form a single long base if you like.

20230810-121032.jpg

So, here's the rub - due to the cost of materials, I will not be keeping any of these in stock. I'll make them to order, and I'll have to charge 55 bucks plus shipping for each one in order to cover my cost and make a little for my effort. Shipping to the continental US should run about 12 bucks for one base. It's a lot, I know, but I kind of did it as an experiment, and figured someone out there might want one. So, let me know, and thanks!

Catalog has been updated - (outdated link removed)

Tim

bnbresindesign@gmail.com

Edited by BiggTim

• BiggTim changed the title to B&B Resin Design - 20 September catalog update!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

19 November: Vietnam era Armco PB-1 Revetment components in 1:32 now available (1:35 coming soon!)

20230729-160641.jpg

20230729-134505.jpg

20230729-162242.jpg

Instructions and references here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOk1Nfacd6Ql07txabNVm8J9A3OaHK0Z/view?usp=sharing

Updated catalog with prices here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H4TwVx2g5pR9c3PwCh-FLouOUCrl2Cfe/view?usp=sharing

I will, of course, offer discounts if you need a lot of them for a larger display. 

Thanks,

Tim

bnbresindesign@gmail.com

Edited by BiggTim

• BiggTim changed the title to B&B Resin Design - new product available - 1:32 Armco PB-1 Revetments (Vietnam era)