Trumpeter F-8E Crusader

chrish

still pushing ahead here, I wanted the speed brake closed but either the resin gear bay insert or through poor building technique I had a pretty poor fit of that speed brake door. I cobbled up a few pieces of plastic to improve the fit and glued it closed

AdvYtJZ.jpg

Then splashed some paint around, I tried to get that motley look that well used navy aircraft seem to exhibit by mixing shades darker and lighter than the base colors of light gull gray and insignia white;

vgoJwKk.jpg

cszqMuq.jpg

msSQqHi.jpg

mYGPAue.jpg

the yet to be applied gloss clear and then flat/ satin should reduce the contrast.

Thanks for looking

As of quitting time tonight, I've (temporarily) set it up on it's landing gear. The gear legs are attached but the wheels are not.

just to get the paint up off the bench. More painting to do.

J1MqEkR.jpg

w1LHOYS.jpg

Cant say enough good things about this kit, it's going together so nicely (I really do need to build another one!) 

Thanks for looking

Great people here! a couple of mates (dmthamade and Blackbetty) have taken on the job of sending me their extra decals for the F-8 enough to buy and build another one...

so with gloss, decals and, satin coats on and a bit of dirt here's where I at as of tonight.

scdXO8v.jpg

ksQSxdR.jpg

jOK2haI.jpg

Thanks for looking