Trumpeter F-8E Crusader

chrish

I like what you did with the nose gear well.  I sometimes think some resin parts are highly overrated and just not worth the effort if a little real modeling will get you to the same place.  I also use stranded wire to simulate wire bundles but, rather than cutting the wire to fit the space, if I can I drill appropriately sized holes in the bulkheads, pass the wire through, and glue it to the outside of the part where you can’t see it.  That way the wires always have a finished look and fit neatly with minimum fuss.  I found that was by far the easiest way to fit all the pipes and such in the wing bay, assuming you are going to raise the wing on your Crusader.

The wing will be down against the fuselage, wings extended. It was originally planned to do wheels up, pilot in the seat “in  flight” due to the clean smooth lines of the aircraft. But after having bought the resin bits, I’ll settle for cockpit closed but on its wheels.

6 hours ago, chrish said:

The wing will be down against the fuselage, wings extended. It was originally planned to do wheels up, pilot in the seat “in  flight” due to the clean smooth lines of the aircraft. But after having bought the resin bits, I’ll settle for cockpit closed but on its wheels.

Closed my F-8 cockpit for exactly the same reason - just cause it looks so sleek and deadly.  I’ve always liked the lines of this airplane.  

A little progress...

hearing that Archer stuff is going to be available again at some point, I added some rivets to the nose gear bay;

HD7CAoc.jpg

painted and glued the parts together

6GKScwL.jpg

q18cKcl.jpg

I cut some thin strips of scotch brand celo tape and stuck it to the intake, shot with a 1:1 mix of Tamiya flat and gloss whites

jTDNNHl.jpg

Thanks for looking

On 5/30/2023 at 12:47 AM, blackbetty said:

this is whats left from the sheet, let me know

c1kpc98.jpg

c2yxe9x.jpg

c3hud14.jpg

Thanks for the offer

I'm thinking 149212 looks like a nice option

I've noticed the LHS has another kit on the shelf....such a cool aircraft I think I'll grab up that one as well