Trumpeter will release F-35B in June 2023

Jan_G

A friend of mine, who BTW is a person that puts pilots in all his models, recommended that I build mine, and put it on a stand to show it in the pose on the photo.  Of course while in the air the kit will need a pilot. I think I will do that. 

12 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Brilliant , about time too , this is the version  we've ben waiting for !

The ugliest version of one of the ugliest jets ever to fly.  “We” have certainly not been waiting for a model of this flying dumpster.   

That being said, maybe Trumpeter will work their usual magic on this kit and it will actually end up looking prettier than the real life jet?

3 hours ago, John1 said:

The ugliest version of one of the ugliest jets ever to fly.  “We” have certainly not been waiting for a model of this flying dumpster.   

That being said, maybe Trumpeter will work their usual magic on this kit and it will actually end up looking prettier than the real life jet?

You must thank whoever in Pentagon that cancelled the Boeing's XF-32 :D

On 4/20/2023 at 7:29 PM, Rick Griewski said:

A friend of mine, who BTW is a person that puts pilots in all his models, recommended that I build mine, and put it on a stand to show it in the pose on the photo.  Of course while in the air the kit will need a pilot. I think I will do that. 

I think something like this will look stunning

article_5ce9c9bb2b0096_84705716.jpg

On 4/20/2023 at 2:56 PM, John1 said:

Make it look nicer on your model shelf?  Display it next to any of the drones on our military fleet; a bug killer next to the giant bugs.

It's a plane in search of a paint scheme.

My own preference is for a what-if Blue Angel. It just needs proper polyurethane gloss paint and not all that drab polyalinine polymer.

Imagine, four F-35Cs in a diamond executing a synchronised roll while a solo F-35B flies backwards along the crowd line. 

Tony

I personally think the F35 is better looking than the Eurofighter Typhoon, more interesting than the F-16 or F/A-18 and is fortunately not the X-32!

I’d be interested in a 1:32 kit but am wary of the name Trumpeter being associated with the tooling and based on previous experience, will wait until the kit has been released, before buying one!

On 4/20/2023 at 2:56 PM, John1 said:

Bender who's a regular on the Afterburn podcast is an -A driver and he refers to it as Fat Amy...

One of the episodes they questioned the names of the others in the family as the -B Fatter Amy and -C Fattest Amy

Somehow how I can't think of anything else when I see them now.