Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

You're right Mike, but at least in Europe, taking transport and tax into account, that translates to €130. The price increases compared to a few years ago are really ridiculous. €130 for a single-engine aircraft is difficult to justify for me personally. I can afford it, but whether the ZM version is 3x better than the Hasegawa or Revell kits (for sale for around €50), I wonder...

2 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Such a nice looking engine...    It's not easy to find ground crew figures to go with all of those open panels.  Wish I had the skills to make my own figures.

You could probably bet with a good degree of certainty that ZM will either release figures for it ... or the ones which have already been released, can be easily adapted ...

https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992528311.html

https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992528489.html

https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992528472.html

Rog :)

7 hours ago, Mark_C said:

Just think: if only it was 1/35th scale, you'd have no trouble finding figures to mod!

When it comes to LSP's, I usually go to 1/32 first.  But I would do 1/35 if that's all that was available.  I'm only a scale snob in armor.  No point in doing anything under 1/35.

3 hours ago, D Bellis said:

For those unfamiliar with Zoukei Mura, they usually produce several sets of figures to go with each kit. 

https://volksusa.store/search?q=figure+32

HTH,

D

I appreciate the link.  But damn,..their figures are ugly.  Kind of fat and gnome-ish.

This set ain't too bad.  I actually bought this one a year ago.

4518992528502_01_770x840.jpg?v=167579512

But this TA 152 dude...  His torso looks really distorted.

4518992528342_1_1_570x570.jpg?v=16801084

But these two...   they look like they're wearing 1980's winter clothing from Canada...  and their bodies just look wierd.

4518992528304_01_770x840.jpg?v=167579540

And these guys...   are beyond description:

4518992528496_01_770x840.jpg?v=167579515

Too few of these guys look like the young men that they would have been.

There is such a thing as 'fixing up'.   But some shapes just can't be repaired without basically redoing the whole thing.

21 hours ago, Tissue and Dope said:

Mike - Does that price in Japan include any sales taxes?

In the U.K. you have to add 20% VAT

and in the USA most states have varying amounts of sales tax.

Nope, it's just the currency conversion for the day.

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

But damn,..their figures are ugly.  Kind of fat and gnome-ish.

Haha! :rofl:
 In comparison, check out the figures that Border are planning for their upcoming 1/35 Kate. They’re maybe the wrong scale to some but to me, they’ll do.:P

10 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I appreciate the link.  But damn,..their figures are ugly.  Kind of fat and gnome-ish.

But these two...   they look like they're wearing 1980's winter clothing from Canada...  and their bodies just look wierd.

4518992528304_01_770x840.jpg?v=167579540

The poses on this one look about as dodgy as a $3 bill ...

... and that guy behind looks super creepy!!! I'm a bit concerned about where his left hand is at!

Rog :)

Hi Guys,

with regard to figures, Airfix multipose are a good cheap source of 1/32 parts. As they cover US, British, German and Japanese figures in hot and cold gear, there is opportunity to use them for various armies. Verlinden figures are also useful as they are generally 1/32 ones (54mm) rather than 1/35 ones and the company released some generic mechanics.

So, there are sources as far as you know what you can look after!

Hth

Thierry

On 10/1/2023 at 6:15 AM, MikeMaben said:

So my 'guess' is dangerously speculative but yours isn't ?  :rolleyes:

Absolutely.  What’s dangerous about my pricing?  I think it’s far less offensive than your thunderbolt.  My pricing would only be dangerous to clumsy speculators gushing for modelling companies, posing as modellers.  I would find that most dangerous.  

$150…<_<