Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

On 6/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, MikeMaben said:

Hope they release a 'Basic' A-3 after this A-4.   :please:

Mike ... this has been discussed ad-nauseam ... There is no need to "Hope" - as if it's extremely unlikely to happen! ... This is the prescribed release schedule announced years ago, when the project 1st started ... An SWS A-4 will be released first, followed by a "Basic" series A-3 ... the announcement was very specific, with no room for supposition or guesswork. 

On 6/20/2023 at 3:25 AM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well, they did mention something about a "basic" series awhile back. I think they would have to do some major retooling to do that , unless they plan on the basic series from the very start. I can see the pro and con. I would've thought that it would be a reality by now.

Nope ... not even close! ... They announced this one at concept stage ... we were shown plates in the initial phases of information gathering ... long before CAD, 3D printing or even test shots! Gestation periods for well researched and designed kits can take 5-10 years before retail plastic arrives!

On 6/20/2023 at 2:38 PM, MikeMaben said:

I know, it was years ago, they also published a list of 190 kits in the series they 'planned' to release.

4Ar9wuU.jpg

upzOzuG.jpg

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

That's why I keep hoping the basic series will start next/soon.

I'm pretty good at harping.  :deadhorse:

Mike ... Great shots from early concept works and advertising there!! ... You can see the box art from the 1st general issue A-4 and A-3 boxes there at the bottom right corner of the second plate ... and although your list of kit 'types' are accurate - your release schedule is wrong! ... They have always stated the A-4 SWS will appear as the first kit released, followed by the A-3 in basic guise shortly afterward, since the project was announced all those years ago. 

On 6/20/2023 at 11:37 PM, Citadelgrad said:

Well, against my better judgment, I fell for the "reservation only, will not be sold" mumbo jumbo.

I've had it with trying to source stuff that becomes rare.  I can always sell it if I don't want it, especially if they really don't mass produce this one?

Right?

Except it's not "Mumbo-Jumbo" ...

The Eric Hartman Bf.109G-14 (SWS-18) was a special pre-order only "anniversary" item ... with the main production variant (SWS-20) being the G-14 that will remain available ... If you can still get access to a special pre-order item, it is likely because the store in question pre-ordered enough of them, that they have left overs! As was the case from the Australian retail outlet I bought mine from ... I called that same retail outlet for their advice when the current Fw.190A-4 was announced (another special pre-order only "anniversary" item) ... They have done the same thing they did the last time ... placed a bunch of pre-orders!

Their advice is the same as it was on the 1st occasion ... As with the Eric Hartmann G-14, the 'pre-order only' items are 'one-and-done' .... They are kind of like the Kotare Spitfire Mk.Ia 'Brian Lane' edition (at least I think that's what Kotare are up to?) ... a specific release boxing, that once sold out, will not be re-ordered. This doesn't mean that the specified variant will not be released any more - just that specific anniversary release boxing! ... There'll be another boxing of the A-4 with a different SWS kit number i'm sure ... 

Rog :)

6 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

Mike ... this has been discussed ad-nauseam ... There is no need to "Hope" - as if it's extremely unlikely to happen! ... This is the prescribed release schedule announced years ago, when the project 1st started ... An SWS A-4 will be released first, followed by a "Basic" series A-3 ... the announcement was very specific, with no room for supposition or guesswork.

Thanks for the advice doctor Rog , but I "hope" for alot of things, this is only one. How you know it's extremely unlikely is a mystery to me.

I know about the list as I posted it back when the concept was announced. I've never seen a schedule attached to it. Again, it's a mystery

to me how you know the A-4 and A-3 was a specific announcement with no room for supposition or guesswork. Do you have an inside the

company source ?

15 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

... we were shown plates in the initial phases of information gathering ...

Who's we ?

17 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

... and although your list of kit 'types' are accurate - your release schedule is wrong! ...

Again , it's not a schedule.

19 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

... They have always stated the A-4 SWS will appear as the first kit released, followed by the A-3 in basic guise shortly afterward, since the project was announced all those years ago.

Odd, I've never seen that announced. Mr. Shigeta is quite public about sharing that kind of info.

13 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Thanks for the advice doctor Rog , but I "hope" for alot of things, this is only one. How you know it's extremely unlikely is a mystery to me.

I know about the list as I posted it back when the concept was announced. I've never seen a schedule attached to it. Again, it's a mystery

to me how you know the A-4 and A-3 was a specific announcement with no room for supposition or guesswork. Do you have an inside the

company source ?

No need for the sarcasm ... I'm not a Dr. If you read what I said correctly - there is no need to 'hope' that something will happen when it has already been announced that it will! ... At least as far as ZM is concerned anyhow - they tend to follow through on their promises. Also if you follow the ZM announcements via the blog and Q&A there is nothing I have stated that is not already (theoretically) common knowledge.

Who's we ?

'We' as in - the general public

Again , it's not a schedule.

My bad - It appears to read that way though ...

Odd, I've never seen that announced. Mr. Shigeta is quite public about sharing that kind of info.

I would have to go back some years to the very first OMB's on the subject to find the comments ... but the forecast release schedule was laid out - by ZM - around the time of the very first announcements and I remember reading that the A-4 kit was designated as the first release - and as an SWS kit, to be followed by the A-3 kit which was to be in the Basic format ... The only difference I foresee to that schedule is the inclusion of the special anniversary kit (which probably means we'll get the main A-4 kit as the next release before the A-3).

Edited by Artful69

Well I hope that ZM will release all the previously announced versions. 

I hope that I have ample $ in order to purchase them all. I hope that I live long enough to build them. I hope that when I build them that I do a good job. And I hope that I haven't made anyone nauseous with all this hope.

And as always; you can't have too many Fw190s.

18 minutes ago, John Stambaugh said:

I hope that I have ample $ in order to purchase them all. I hope that I live long enough to build them. I hope that when I build them that I do a good job. And I hope that I haven't made anyone nauseous with all this hope.

Wow John, that’s A LOTTA hope! :bow:

18 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Nope ... not even close! ... They announced this one at concept stage ... we were shown plates in the initial phases of information gathering ... long before CAD, 3D printing or even test shots! Gestation periods for well researched and designed kits can take 5-10 years before retail plastic arrives!

Mike ... Great shots from early concept works and advertising there!! ... You can see the box art from the 1st general issue A-4 and A-3 boxes there at the bottom right corner of the second plate ... and although your list of kit 'types' are accurate - your release schedule is wrong! ... They have always stated the A-4 SWS will appear as the first kit released, followed by the A-3 in basic guise shortly afterward, since the project was announced all those years ago. 

Except it's not "Mumbo-Jumbo" ...

The Eric Hartman Bf.109G-14 (SWS-18) was a special pre-order only "anniversary" item ... with the main production variant (SWS-20) being the G-14 that will remain available ... If you can still get access to a special pre-order item, it is likely because the store in question pre-ordered enough of them, that they have left overs! As was the case from the Australian retail outlet I bought mine from ... I called that same retail outlet for their advice when the current Fw.190A-4 was announced (another special pre-order only "anniversary" item) ... They have done the same thing they did the last time ... placed a bunch of pre-orders!

Their advice is the same as it was on the 1st occasion ... As with the Eric Hartmann G-14, the 'pre-order only' items are 'one-and-done' .... They are kind of like the Kotare Spitfire Mk.Ia 'Brian Lane' edition (at least I think that's what Kotare are up to?) ... a specific release boxing, that once sold out, will not be re-ordered. This doesn't mean that the specified variant will not be released any more - just that specific anniversary release boxing! ... There'll be another boxing of the A-4 with a different SWS kit number i'm sure ... 

I must 've been hallucinating again[ a common thing these days]. I got all mixed up.

On 6/20/2023 at 8:38 AM, MikeMaben said:

I know, it was years ago, they also published a list of 190 kits in the series they 'planned' to release.

4Ar9wuU.jpg

upzOzuG.jpg

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

That's why I keep hoping the basic series will start next/soon.

I'm pretty good at harping.  :deadhorse:

From what I can decipher from the chart, my guess is that the order of ZM releases is as follows:

- Fw190A-4 SWS

- Fw190A-3 Basic

- Fw190A-8 SWS

- Fw190A-5/-6/-7 Basic

- Fw190D-9 SWS

If one follows this logic, one may perhaps still dream of an Fw190D-11/-13 Basic :) Maybe in 20 years??

I wouldn't count on that list to be necessarily chronological. It's just a list they published many years ago.

My 'guess' would be the first Basic kit would be the -5/-6/-7 because it's the closest to the upcoming -4.   :shrug:

3 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

My 'guess' would be the first Basic kit would be the -5/-6/-7 because it's the closest to the upcoming -4.   :shrug:

Actually, the "Fw 190A-3 Basic" listed there would be much closer to the forthcoming A-4 kit than any of those. 

In fact, an A-2 or 3 could be built from the A-4 kit with a different fin tip and exhaust panel slots and attention to a few external details. Hopefully, those few A-2/3 parts will be in the A-4 box. If not, they're easy enough to scratch build. 

Conversely, the A-5/6/7 had a longer nose, different main gear openings and leg covers, different wheels (introduced with the A-5 run, but not standard until the A-6), and many other detail differences. 

Kind of odd that ZM did not include the A-8 with that 5/6/7 list since the A-8 was essentially an A-7 with the pitot moved to the wingtip, a new access hatch under the fuselage and the centerline rack moved forward. 

D.

Apologies for coming in late on this one gentleman but just wondering how the surface detail on this a-4 compares with Hasegawa’s naughties releases? 
thanks, yours hope:wub:fully 

Edited by Pup7309

• 5 weeks later...