Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

7 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I have the original release version of this. So the question is do I buy this one too, considering it;s better markings???

Hmmmm...... :hmmm:

Cheers,

Michael

If you are not in a hurry, might be a situation where you can just trade decal sheets with someone who wants the first sheet.  I am in the same boat as you have first release, but am contemplating what markings I would do and awaiting more choices.

Just to make sure it’s clear, the original A-4 was available in many places after the pre-orders started to ship.  At least in the US.  Special order or not.  It’s still available here.  ZM/VOLKS sold this kit the same way. Special order period then no more orders and showed sold out on their site. Within a week after VOLKS shipped out pre-orders the kit was available at 3 major US hobby outlets. 

https://spruebrothers.com/zkmk31808-1-32-zoukei-mura-focke-wulf-fw190a-4/

Paul

Edited by Paul2660

8 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Just to make sure it’s clear, the original A-4 was available in many places after the pre-orders started to ship.  At least in the US.  Special order or not.  It’s still available here.  ZM/VOLKS sold this kit the same way. Special order period then no more orders and showed sold out on their site. Within a week after VOLKS shipped out pre-orders the kit was available at 3 major US hobby outlets. 

https://spruebrothers.com/zkmk31808-1-32-zoukei-mura-focke-wulf-fw190a-4/

Paul

Yes sir! … That’s how I managed to reserve my copies … the local hobby store pre-ordered a good stack of them … I didn’t have the cash at the time and wanted to make sure I secured a couple … there’s still quite a few around globally from those stores who preordered a bunch.

Rog :)

Dunno why this thread was merged with the other one from last year since it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

SMH

Rog :huh:

10 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Dunno why this thread was merged with the other one from last year since it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

SMH

Rog :huh:

It'll be ok, man , just roll with it, baby! I just got my Z-M A-4 yesterday and it looks real good , think I'm going to build it with the "engine room " opened up. A month and half ago I didn't have any FWs [ever] ,now I got 3! HaSegaw D-9 [ st19],which is going together nicely, Revell 190F-8 [ belated birthday present] and now the Z-M A-4! Leave it to me to jump in with both feet on a type I'm still trying to learn. I need to get my head examined. On second thought that ...... might ....not..... be .. a good idea. Oh I forgot the 152H-1  that I've been reticent to start, though I will. I don't know what markings I'm going to use for the A-4 yet.

Hello and heads up.  I am building this FW 190 A-4 (Super Wing Series, No 21).  Be careful on step 3-5 E page 48.  The instructions on the MG FF Access Doors are backwards.  You will recognize this when you dry fit the doors.  You are not going crazy.  Just switch the doors between the two wings.  Something else that caught me was on page 32, section 3-4 "flips" the wing between the two subsections.  The wing is down in the first picture but it is up in the second.  I spent five minutes trying to figure out how to place the Aileron Control Link (part B-15).  When I realized the problem was that I was looking at the wing upside down, well that was embarrassing.  

On the plus side the BMW 801 D-2 came together perfectly.  Be careful when you get to the oil filter on page 15.  There is a real reason why Zoukeimura does a cut out box on this part on page 15.  Honestly, this engine rivals the Tamiya Corsair which is the best kit I have ever had the pleasure to work on.

Looking at the the guns on this plane.  You come to realize why the bomber aircrews called them the butcher birds.

• Kagemusha changed the title to Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4
17 hours ago, Maximus said:

When I realized the problem was that I was looking at the wing upside down, well that was embarrassing.  

This is my MAIN concern relating to instructions in modern kits, at least the ones I’ve built: Border Models, MiniArt, Z-M, Italeri. 
Especially when dealing with radial engines, one drawing is shown viewed from the front and the next is from the back, one from above, the other from below, etc.
Since most of the pistons (apparently) look the same, it’s very easy to do it the wrong way. Every drawing deserves close scrutiny. Some even need enlargement to show all the details.

I admit that quite a few times, I had to dismantle an assembly to rebuild it during the course of my recent builds.
Debonder, James Debonder is my name.:rolleyes:

Thank you Maximus for the caveat :bow: and :hi: to the show!

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

On 4/6/2024 at 4:50 PM, Maximus said:

Hello and heads up.  I am building this FW 190 A-4 (Super Wing Series, No 21).  Be careful on step 3-5 E page 48.  The instructions on the MG FF Access Doors are backwards.  You will recognize this when you dry fit the doors.  You are not going crazy.  Just switch the doors between the two wings.  Something else that caught me was on page 32, section 3-4 "flips" the wing between the two subsections.  The wing is down in the first picture but it is up in the second.  I spent five minutes trying to figure out how to place the Aileron Control Link (part B-15).  When I realized the problem was that I was looking at the wing upside down, well that was embarrassing.  

On the plus side the BMW 801 D-2 came together perfectly.  Be careful when you get to the oil filter on page 15.  There is a real reason why Zoukeimura does a cut out box on this part on page 15.  Honestly, this engine rivals the Tamiya Corsair which is the best kit I have ever had the pleasure to work on.

Looking at the the guns on this plane.  You come to realize why the bomber aircrews called them the butcher birds.

Roger that on the heads up! Thank you kind sir, I've annotated the instruction booklet as required. Tow thumbs up on the Tamiya Corsair, I too think it's one of the best kits out there[ built 3]. Yeah, Z-M has some of the best instructions out there but ya still gotta be on your toes with them at times, don't be embarrassed it happens. Oh. and WELCOME ABOARD!