Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

1 hour ago, John Stambaugh said:

Another must have for sure. Thanks for posting Dennis. BTW, do you plan to make the Huntsville show Aug. 26th?

I wish, but I'm looking at another surgery potentially. Just finished my wrist and elbow... now my knee is going! I'm also completely slogged down in 7 different museum builds for two different museums, and school started back up. I'm not sure what spare time is currently :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

I wish, but I'm looking at another surgery potentially. Just finished my wrist and elbow... now my knee is going! I'm also completely slogged down in 7 different museum builds for two different museums, and school started back up. I'm not sure what spare time is currently :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Sounds like a more than full schedule, sorry to hear about your knee. I can empathize and sympathize, my left knee hasn't been the same since I went deer hunting with a motorcycle[ 2 surgeries]

On 7/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, D Bellis said:

Actually, the "Fw 190A-3 Basic" listed there would be much closer to the forthcoming A-4 kit than any of those. 

In fact, an A-2 or 3 could be built from the A-4 kit with a different fin tip and exhaust panel slots and attention to a few external details. Hopefully, those few A-2/3 parts will be in the A-4 box. If not, they're easy enough to scratch build. 

Conversely, the A-5/6/7 had a longer nose, different main gear openings and leg covers, different wheels (introduced with the A-5 run, but not standard until the A-6), and many other detail differences. 

Kind of odd that ZM did not include the A-8 with that 5/6/7 list since the A-8 was essentially an A-7 with the pitot moved to the wingtip, a new access hatch under the fuselage and the centerline rack moved forward. 

D.

Ok, I'm going to ask probably a dumb question. Why were the A-5s longer, didn't they have the same engine? I'm asking because I don't know.

47 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Why were the A-5s longer, didn't they have the same engine?

All A/F/G Fw 190s used some version of the BMW 801 radial. 

The engine was moved forward on the A-5 and later to correct the CG as weight was continually being added to the airframe. The extension plug is plainly visible on the A-5 and later. 

qHdzgtt.jpg

12 minutes ago, John Stambaugh said:

The engine and ETC rack were moved 5.9" to bring forward the center off gravity. This was to improve handling. 

Only the engine was moved forward with the A-5/6/7. The centerline rack was not moved forward until the A-8/9. 

HTH,

D

Edited by D Bellis
fat fingers

1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

All A/F/G Fw 190s used some version of the BMW 801 radial. 

The engine was moved forward on the A-5 and later to correct the CG as weight was continually being added to the airframe. The extension plug is plainly visible on the A-5 and later. 

qHdzgtt.jpg

Only the engine was moved forward with the A-5/6/7. The centerline rack was not moved forward until the A-8/9. 

HTH,

D

Thank you kind sir! This is exactly the type of explanation that I like ,I'm learning! Trust me there'll be more silly questions time goes on, .so you'll just have to be patient with me. I do know what an FW-190D is so I'm not completely lost , YET. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, MikeMaben said:

My guess is around   $160.00 

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

Still waiting for the basic kits  :shrug:

Now hold on a moment.  What we don’t do is make wild speculation at the ‘cost’ to the builder ie US modellers.   I’ll make a nice and reasonable guess - let’s see now…around £50.00 That’s my guess.

I have found your posts both useful and informative but not this one 

12 hours ago, Onspring said:

Now hold on a moment.  What we don’t do is make wild speculation at the ‘cost’ to the builder ie US modellers.   I’ll make a nice and reasonable guess - let’s see now…around £50.00 That’s my guess.

I have found your posts both useful and informative but not this one 

So my 'guess' is dangerously speculative but yours isn't ?  :rolleyes: