1/32 vac. ID Models Lockheed Hudson

chrish

I got this model as a cast off from a friend reducing his "never going to build it" pile. Some parts had already been removed from the sheets, some were just roughly separated and a few were still attached. A couple of holes had been drilled to start the side windows. I'm not sure if my friend had done the drilling because they're kinda crude and not normally the kind of work he does/did. Knowing I was going to attempt this and Engines and Things having a going out of business sale, I went ahead and ordered a couple of radial power plants for it in resin. 

This probably won't be a continuous build from start to finish but a little here and there (gap filling between other projects) until I get to a point where the momentum builds and it takes off (airplane pun there)

A couple of images:

haKvGdF.jpg?1

what came in the bag by way of instructions and parts;

rl7WTLg.jpg

one fuselage half with pre-drilled big ugly holes;

jC7FcZu.jpg

"Engines and Things" engine, 1 of 2 obviously

MKgdubZ.jpg

work has begun;

DdQn5NV.jpg?1

GMmgf2W.jpg?1

The previously drilled holes still seen behind the first cabin window (top fuse half) my F-up bottom half. (I'll fix those later) The model comes with a vac formed full cockpit glazing but, I figured I'd try my luck at carving out the frames and making my own windows, in progress here;

uJQkglK.jpg?1

Thanks for looking

Nice!  Any ideas yet regarding which operator or service will be represented?  A quick look at Wikipedia tells me that there are plenty of options (more military than civil, but definitely both)...

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nice!  Any ideas yet regarding which operator or service will be represented?  A quick look at Wikipedia tells me that there are plenty of options (more military than civil, but definitely both)...

I've been on a bit of a civil aviation kick lately so....I'm thinking civilian operator but that's a loooong ways away right now