About those new tooled 1/32 Phantoms....

Dave Roof

Hi

somebody said :" I 've seen test molds ... look like modelers haven !!!" .....................

it seems that all versions will be released .....even the Brit 's version :doh:.... when ???? next summer ... all versions ..???  I hope !!! :hmmm:

I suppose  that the manufacturer comes from Turkey , the F 4 E "terminator " will be a special edition ... is it a clue !!!! ????  :mental: 

Alain

6 minutes ago, Rob Colvin said:

Looking at the sprue shots on the table.......why would you take the lower center portion out of the wing tank? 

Rov

The only reason I can think of is to have the option of the early MDD tank or the later Sargent Fletcher tank.  The horizontal flanges were in different places on the two tanks.

http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/06/things-under-wings-f4h-f-4-phantom.html

Edited by Dave Williams

6 minutes ago, Rob Colvin said:

Looking at the sprue shots on the table.......why would you take the lower center portion out of the wing tank? 

Rov

The Tamiya 1/48 has the same set up. There is quite a bit of detail on the bottom of the tanks (no - I didn’t realise either until it was pointed out!)

43 minutes ago, scimitarf1 said:

The Tamiya 1/48 has the same set up. There is quite a bit of detail on the bottom of the tanks (no - I didn’t realise either until it was pointed out!)

Actually this is a normal feature on numerous external tanks. This is often ignored as it is generally not visible.

10 hours ago, alain11 said:

Hi

somebody said :" I 've seen test molds ... look like modelers haven !!!" .....................

it seems that all versions will be released .....even the Brit 's version :doh:.... when ???? next summer ... all versions ..???  I hope !!! :hmmm:

I suppose  that the manufacturer comes from Turkey , the F 4 E "terminator " will be a special edition ... is it a clue !!!! ????  :mental: 

Alain

The only turkey I see are the burner feathers,and they are of the early type,not E ;)