Kotare Christmas Surprise?

cbk57

3 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

A number of folks don't wish to see wish-listing on a discussion page. Maybe better off in a dedicated 'wish-listing' forum? But overall I think you misunderstood my response, and missed the key parts. I certainly didn't say anything about 'positive contribution' (or negative). I'm having a lovely day thanks.

OK sorry if I missed something. What would you prefer to see discussed?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Paul

11 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Trouble with all these excuses is that they ignore the point that the site is becoming dragged down by threads that don't contribute anything. This one isn't a wish list either - threads on the Kotare Spitfire (and subsequent wish lists) are posted elsewhere here.

Another issue for me is that if I see "Kotare...announcement...Christmas" I'm still interested enough to take a look in case it really does contain something about Kotare's forthcoming 1/48 Boulton-Paul Overstrand.

Sadly not.

I actually see things a bit differently, in particular as regards this specific thread. When the very first post by the OP asks for conjecture, where else would the thread go?

To address the dedicated wish list area idea, as a rule, wish lists on most forums are spontaneous, and seldom planned, so I see that as not very likely to happen, aside from our one already existing pinned wish list, which has been residing here for years now.

Lastly, weeding out miscellaneous LSP wish lists is a chore that I personally don't desire to waste my time on.

This is the general discussion page, and we regularly do such discussions.  Also since kotare comes from the roots of WNW and a Christmas surprise was a regular part of the agenda, not only did I choose to raise the discussion of the possibilities but the core possibility that something, be it anything 1/32 might come down the pike as a new announcement for the hollidays.  Basically on this forum being about large scale planes we talk about two things, large scale planes that exist and we can build or large scale planes that we might want to exist or might exist in the future.  

I have been on this forum for a descent amount of time now, and discussions of what we might want to exist are core to what is part of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, CShanne said:

Isn’t it pretty simple to ignore a thread by not opening it….  Anyway, if not for this thread I would not have heard of the company. 

It is hard for me to ignore this type of thread because most of the time Youse, my fellow LSPers crack me up.  This particular topic takes me back to the days when there was a Christmas time surprise.  

It's going to be a P-51B, no actually they are going all in with their never kitted in 32nd scale philosophy and I can announce its going to be a Vickers Wellington Mk Ic, I'm looking forward to the way they depict the canvas over the trellis work. Will be just amazing :rolleyes:

Regards. Andy 

9 hours ago, monthebiff said:

It's going to be a P-51B, no actually they are going all in with their never kitted in 32nd scale philosophy and I can announce its going to be a Vickers Wellington Mk Ic, I'm looking forward to the way they depict the canvas over the trellis work. Will be just amazing :rolleyes:

Regards. Andy 

For now I'll patiently wait for delivery of my Spitfire which, whilst it might not be a surprise, will definitely be my most welcome Christmas present. 

Cheers

Paul

Honestly, I don't expect a Christmas surprise.  A new company without a millionaire backer?  A bunch of working-class fellas without nebulous funds from nebulous sources...  They are gonna need sales to feed their production and creative needs.  if this Spitfire becomes a lame duck because not enough people buy them...   They could be gone before we know it.

As far as wishlist's go...  I don't really need anything I don't have...  

5 hours ago, Gazzas said:

As far as wishlist's go...  I don't really need anything I don't have...  

Take it back. You don't mean that.

In all seriousness, I agree with you. I would find a Christmas surprise just that, a surprise, for a fledgling company, even with their respective pedigrees. Perhaps down the road they will get back into that fun habit, but for now, as Gazzas said, buy their Spitfire, or buy a few of them, and I'm sure we'll be happily rewarded with Kotare's wish list!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA