Jump to content

Border to do a Fw190 next...


NewtonK
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, quang said:

1/32 Lancaster :lol:

That was in the works I think before Border even existed.  It looks to me like all the kits they engineer are going to be 1/35.  Being only their third kit of their own, it would surprise me if they leave 1/35 already.  Maybe the market will steer them to 1/32 eventually but I suspect they have locked in on 1/35.  People like consistency in scale and maybe Border does also for their own reasons as most of the kits they have tooled are otherwise 1/35.  Maybe for their designers they like the idea of just working on one scale.  I know I am speculating but if they can sell their models in 1/35 I suspect they will continue with that.  My objections to Border are only that I did not love the one kit of theirs i have built so far but it was one of their armor kits.  It was okay but not compelling as far as design, engineering and fit.  I have their tiger, and came to a similar conclusion that it had engineering issues that I was not in love with but have not attempted building it.  I spent a lot of time on the Rye Field Tiger, I became frustrated with the engineering of the wheels and abandoned in favor of the old Tamiya kit.  The engineering on the wheels on the Border Tiger are very similar.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about this and maybe Border's 1/35 decision is not so crazy after all:   I'm mentally filing all of Border's and other manufacturer's 1/35 offerings under 'Diorama Scale' because they can be put into an airfield or crash scene diorama without any gnashing of teeth about mismatching scales when comparing any vehicles or figures in the scene with the aircraft.

 

What tends to drive us scale obsessives mad is putting two scales next to each other that are close but noticeably mismatched (Obviously I am coming out in hives just typing this).  But now I don't have to cogitate over where I can find a 1/32 Kubelwagen to put next to a Fw-190 because now I can use the wonderful Tamiya 1/35 Kubel with a Border 1/35 Fw-190 parked next to it,  I no longer have to ruminate over putting a 1/32 Storch next to a 1/35 SdKfz 'Greif' half-track because I know that Tristar make a 1/35 Storch and, as I am certain Border will do all of the obvious single seat WWII airframes in 1/35, I can look forward to having a Spitfire MkIX in 1/35 that will be getting gassed up by IBG Models lovely 1/35 Bedford QL. So, rest easy fellow OCD modellers; The world is now a richer place. :D

 

Now I would much prefer that the 'matching scale' were 1/32 for dioramas as slightly bigger airfield vehicles would be great to pose with the vast range of 1/32 aircraft that we have available. But, no matter; all I need is for Border to make a 1/35 series of WWI two seaters to go with the excellent 1/35 Roden Rolls Royce Armoured car and I can do a wonderful Lawrence of Arabia diorama. They must be contemplating that right? ;) 

 

Border?........Border?......Anybody?..........Anyone at all?

 

Cheers

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Archimedes said:

I have been thinking about this and maybe Border's 1/35 decision is not so crazy after all:   I'm mentally filing all of Border's and other manufacturer's 1/35 offerings under 'Diorama Scale' because they can be put into an airfield or crash scene diorama without any gnashing of teeth about mismatching scales when comparing any vehicles or figures in the scene with the aircraft.

 

What tends to drive us scale obsessives mad is putting two scales next to each other that are close but noticeably mismatched (Obviously I am coming out in hives just typing this).  But now I don't have to cogitate over where I can find a 1/32 Kubelwagen to put next to a Fw-190 because now I can use the wonderful Tamiya 1/35 Kubel with a Border 1/35 Fw-190 parked next to it,  I no longer have to ruminate over putting a 1/32 Storch next to a 1/35 SdKfz 'Greif' half-track because I know that Tristar make a 1/35 Storch and, as I am certain Border will do all of the obvious single seat WWII airframes in 1/35, I can look forward to having a Spitfire MkIX in 1/35 that will be getting gassed up by IBG Models lovely 1/35 Bedford QL. So, rest easy fellow OCD modellers; The world is now a richer place. :D

 

Now I would much prefer that the 'matching scale' were 1/32 for dioramas as slightly bigger airfield vehicles would be great to pose with the vast range of 1/32 aircraft that we have available. But, no matter; all I need is for Border to make a 1/35 series of WWI two seaters to go with the excellent 1/35 Roden Rolls Royce Armoured car and I can do a wonderful Lawrence of Arabia diorama. They must be contemplating that right? ;) 

 

Border?........Border?......Anybody?..........Anyone at all?

 

Cheers

Paul

Count me in your side of the fence. As I have said before when the fundamentally unhinged wailing and gnashing of teeth commences on the perceived 'heresy' of producing LSP's in 1/35th spews forth, just chill out and 'live and let live' You don't like it, for whatever reason, just fine, you like it, equally just fine carry on enjoying what you do on the hobby front and let others crack on with theirs.

 

As fir the apparently proposed Fw-190 it would be interesting to see if they do a fighter or ground attack variant. From my perspective I would love to see a Hs-123 in 1/35th. Outside of an expensive resin kit [which I personally do not like as a medium....see we all have our foibles I just don't go off the deep end or have a meltdown when someone produces a kit in that medium], I do not know of any kit manufacturer who has bothered themselves to produce one in plastic in 1/32nd, ergo I live in hope that Border will do the decent thing and produce one.

 

Regards & good Modelling [regardless of scale]

 

Gary   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

Count me in your side of the fence. As I have said before when the fundamentally unhinged wailing and gnashing of teeth commences on the perceived 'heresy' of producing LSP's in 1/35th spews forth, just chill out and 'live and let live' You don't like it, for whatever reason, just fine, you like it, equally just fine carry on enjoying what you do on the hobby front and let others crack on with theirs.

 

As fir the apparently proposed Fw-190 it would be interesting to see if they do a fighter or ground attack variant. From my perspective I would love to see a Hs-123 in 1/35th. Outside of an expensive resin kit [which I personally do not like as a medium....see we all have our foibles I just don't go off the deep end or have a meltdown when someone produces a kit in that medium], I do not know of any kit manufacturer who has bothered themselves to produce one in plastic in 1/32nd, ergo I live in hope that Border will do the decent thing and produce one.

 

Regards & good Modelling [regardless of scale]

 

Gary   

 

 

I honestly don't see it as (nor do I see it here either really) gnashing of any teeth, I see it as one side of any opinion that people have expressed not unlike the one you are expressing right now.

To some scale matters not, to some it matters a lot.   I seriously don't see any of the above you mentioned in this thread, so all the "fundamentally unhinged wailing and gnashing of teeth" must be coming from somewhere else that has made an impression on you.

 

I guess Id just like to see people express their opinions without having to categorize everyone elses opinions about the same topic. Opinions do differ so Im not sure why this terrible stigma always seems to surround those who don't like 1/35th for aircraft. 

 

Hell, most aren't even saying they don't like 1/35th, they just don't like it for aircraft.   Thats why I hate these types of threads, people expressing opinions one way or anther seem to get taken quite personally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

 

 

I honestly don't see it as (nor do I see it here either really) gnashing of any teeth, I see it as one side of any opinion that people have expressed not unlike the one you are expressing right now.

To some scale matters not, to some it matters a lot.   I seriously don't see any of the above you mentioned in this thread, so all the "fundamentally unhinged wailing and gnashing of teeth" must be coming from somewhere else that has made an impression on you.

 

I guess Id just like to see people express their opinions without having to categorize everyone elses opinions about the same topic. Opinions do differ so Im not sure why this terrible stigma always seems to surround those who don't like 1/35th for aircraft. 

 

Hell, most aren't even saying they don't like 1/35th, they just don't like it for aircraft.   Thats why I hate these types of threads, people expressing opinions one way or anther seem to get taken quite personally. 

When I referred to the 'gnashing of teeth' et al, I wasn't referring to any of the specific posts bemoaning an LSP in 1/35 in this thread, but to many, many, many, comments which would adequately and accurately fit that description, that have appeared in many other threads on site whenever the subject of LSP's and 1/35 scale crops up, some of which, if you cast your mind back a wee bit, came from your good self, as I responded to them at the time. 

 

As I said in my post, if you don't like the idea of 1/35 scale LSP's, then fine, if you do, then fine. For some, and I get this, they want a constant scale for their collection. Absolutely zero concerns/issues or whatever, with that concept, makes perfect sense. But what I have never understood is the vitriolic language that some use to pour scorn on something so unimportant and innocuous as a modelling scale. Given all of the travails of life on this planet at the moment, I just find it, well, sorry to say, pathetic.

 

That said, if Border didn't provide us with a Hs-123 in 1/35 [or any other LSP in the scale] and another manufacturer did in 1/32, then I would be equally as happy, just so long as we eventually get one. I sincerely hope the potential Fw-190 [if that is what it turns out to be] is accurate and well made, regardless of the scale involved and that they continue to add good kits to their range.

 

Good Modelling,

 

Gary.

 

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well okay I will jump in here with an opinion. 

 I believe that we would see a lot more aircraft dioramas if someone would produce 1/32 scale equipment such as fuel trucks, staff cars, kettenkrad, bomb trolleys, personnel etc. 

 With so many 1/32 aircraft kits available I believe associated vehicles in like scale would be well received. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...