What happened to HYPERSCALE?

ssculptor

I've been a member od HyperScale for umpteen years but I have not been active in it for the last few years. 

I just tried to go back and see whats new on the site and some punk named TAPATALK said I cannot enter. :o

What happened? Did the modern day Nazis take over that site? :fight:

"Yah, today der Hyperscale, tomorrow der ganze vorld!"  :evil_laugh:

Good thing LSP is still an open forum.

Love ya all. :wub:

13 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

They’ve been using Tapatalk for a while now.  Yeah, Tapatalk is a bit annoying, but don’t understand the references calling them “Nazis”.  It just a different forum software.

When I try to access the forum by typing http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/planetradingframe.htm I get the message "www.tapatalk.com refused to connect."

On the left side of the screen they list all the forums so this time I picked one of the forums and it appeared. 

I am not appologizing for referring to them as noxies but I should have remembered that with computers one must try different approaches, pick a bunch of buttons until one works. 

1 hour ago, ssculptor said:

When I try to access the forum by typing http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/planetradingframe.htm I get the message "www.tapatalk.com refused to connect."

On the left side of the screen they list all the forums so this time I picked one of the forums and it appeared. 

I am not appologizing for referring to them as noxies but I should have remembered that with computers one must try different approaches, pick a bunch of buttons until one works. 

You didn’t call them “noxies” or any other cute name.  You straight up called them Nazis.  Putting some cutsie emoticons doesn’t make it any different.  And for what?  Because you had a problem getting onto the forum, they’re Nazis?

I mean, I'm not super jazzed about their move to Tapatalk as it's riddled with ads, but it's a bit of a stretch to put them in the same bucket with the regime that perpetrated the Holocaust.  I'll take your initial comment as I think you intended it - to be tongue in cheek.  

The link you want for their forum is now here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/?sid=2b61a368ec072cb0cc72386cb3130287  The "clubhyper" link you have above is long since dead.  You'll find that missing-lynx (if model tanks are your thing) moved around the same time.  

I dunno….. I don’t think he was being as out of line as some might want to believe.  That particular word has evolved since the 40s and has seen so much varied use over the years that it has become a common use descriptor in today’s lexicon in much the same way that coke has come to mean any soft drink.  Not sure he making one of those dreaded political statements we are often warned about as much as he was commenting on the other site’s not being as user friendly as it once was.  Poor word choice maybe, but we’re all guilty of that from time to time.  Just a thought.  Not interested in starting a pissing contest; just having the guy’s six a bit.

4 hours ago, John1 said:

With regard to their forums, I tried for months to get my password / login sorted out.   Never got a response, finally just gave up.  

I got a response when I did that, which flatly denied there was any such user, that was when I gave up.  It was the first forum I ever found, and as such I frequented it a fair bit back in the day.

Nowadays LSP + the Masks forum and the occasional dip into a (shall we say) more British modelling forum will do me.

Edited by MikeC