Top Gun Maverick

Scotsman

Saw it last night in IMAX, in a D-Box recliner ( basically an enormous armchair with a huge vibrator in it :) ) 

It was precisely what I expected and wanted, and more. Realistic, maybe not. Not all the characters completely worked for me either, but that’s just me. I thought the inclusion of Val Kilmer was perfect. Entertaining…in bucket loads. Some excellent humour too. We’ll see it again. 

It’s interesting, my partner Ruth went with me and absolutely loved it too.  I’ve subjected her to a few war films, and she said that it totally reminded her of 633 Squadron. The secret mission and rehearsals, an almost impossible to hit target, the winding approach in a valley at low level, and a number of other similarities. And she’s absolutely right! It didn’t even occur to me. 

And it begins and ends with a Mustang, what’s not to love? Oh, and Jennifer Connolly…

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

35 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

She was my first movie crush after seeing "Career Opportunities".    Might have to go see it just for her.....

I was used to seeing here in the Snowpiercer TV series, where she looks pretty severe.  Almost didn’t recognize her in this.  She looked a lot better and more natural in this movie.

The only part of the Iceman stuff that I didn’t buy was that he was still in charge and had the pull to assign Maverick to the program, given his condition.

Thought the movie was OK, but the original was better.  The final battles with the Su-57s were too over the top for me.

52 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Wasn’t a very young and more curvy Jennifer Connolly in the movie “Rocketman” as well?  Nice planes in that old flick as well.   Maybe she’s got a thing for pilots.

"The Rock-A-Who ..?" 

-Gregg

57 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Wasn’t a very young and more curvy Jennifer Connolly in the movie “Rocketman” as well?  Nice planes in that old flick as well.   Maybe she’s got a thing for pilots.

Rocketeer. Supposedly they're thinking of a sequel/tv series on Disney+

Carl