Kotare Spitfire mk 1

15 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

What, no engine? Uhm, no thanks then.

The Tamiya Mk IX with engine retails for more than this kit.  They are not so expensive used but retail on the Tamiya Mk ix in the US is $185.00 having built three I have never spent that much on one though.  Usually 75 to 80 pre owned.

46 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Just checked the Hannants site, price is listed as £109.99.  I already put it on backorder and ntend to purchase.

That’s gone there since yesterday. It was still TBA when I put my back order in. 

27 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Yup I am looking forward to lack of engine.  I have evolved into a cockpit details are priority kind of guy.  

Indeed, but to me ‘lack of engine’ means ‘lower price’ :P

22 hours ago, DonH said:

Browsing through the instructions on the Kotare web site and I find this:

"We will cover the late-production Spitfire Mk.Ia in a future model kitset"

Oh boy!

what actually is a 'late" Mk I??

this kit should enable you to build a "regular" Mk I afaiac - unless some of those changes are associated with the Mk II?

also, is anyone else having issues entering their address / trying to order?

I saw some guys on SMCG having probs, but they were using their phones; I was having trouble on Mac using Chrome, but have no issues with any other shopping sites etc.

Edited by nmayhew

49 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

what actually is a 'late" Mk I??

this kit should enable you to build a "regular" Mk I afaiac - unless some of those changes are associated with the Mk II?

I saw some guys on SMCG having probs, but they were using their phones; I was having trouble on Mac using Chrome, but have no issues with any other shopping sites etc.

You have to pick the suggested address when you input, then it takes you to shipping options and payment. Ask me how I know...

20 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

It seems that this Mk.1 has Rotol blunt spinner. So is it possible to build Mk.IIa by adding a coffman starter blister to the right cowling? 

Kotare-Mk-1a-Spitfire-32nd-scale-3.jpg

I suspect not. Depends if the hydraulic landing gear lever is included. I used to know a lot about the differences between Spitfire Marks, but memory is fading and my references are not readily available at the moment.

Barracudacast include the later hydraulic gear lever in their Spitfire update set, so that is always an option. Assuming no other details need changing.

Edited by DonH
Added stuff

2 hours ago, nmayhew said:

I had this problem too, you have to manually type in your address, as opposed to using auto-fill. As you type your address in, it gives suggestions as to which address you're using. As you keep typing, your address will pop up as a suggestion. 

It was a head scratcher for sure :D