Revell "new" releases...

Kagemusha

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Hrmmmmm, I wonder what "Sports Plane Builders Choice 2021" is?

I seem to recall this was announced for 2020  and from the pic at the time it looked like a re-release of their Cub.

There's a Bf 109 G-2/4 as well. Is that a rework of the G-6 kit or somebody else's kit in a Revell box?

Hoping the Hurricane is new tool, but time will tell.

The racer is based on the Piper PA-18 kit, but they were at one time planning to do a modern racer. 

Tony 

G-2/4 is the last variant of the 109 series. There will NEITHER be A  tropical filter NOR wing gondolas!

Hurricane is all new.

"Racer" MIGHT BE the Extra 300 which was announced two or three years ago. AFAIK it was to be a snap tite.

Edited by Andreas Beck
edit mistake

18 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Hrmmmmm, I wonder what "Sports Plane Builders Choice 2021" is?

It‘s the Piper PA-18 with phantasy decals based on (kids?) drawings submitted in an online competition a while ago. It was on their Facebook page some months ago. Nothing that the even slightly serious modeller would even remotely consider, and I frankly wonder about the point of reissuing a fairly complex, non-fighter-jet kit with cr*p decals…

13 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Revell, according to two independent sources who have worked with them in the past, is not doing any more new tool plastic kits.  Their SR-71 that's due out shortly was started by their in-house designer several years ago, and frequently delayed.  He died suddenly, leaving Revell looking for the CAD files that he'd done, which were finally located.  From everything I'm hearing, that is the last totally new tool Revell plastic model aircraft kit you're likely to see for the foreseeable future.  Reboxes of other manufacturers' kits and reissues of their own tooling, but nothing new from Revell.

The project was launched and supervised by long term Revell project manager Volker Vahle who is very alive but who either just retired or will retire shortly. So myabe there's still a chance for new injection molded kits from Revell in the future... :) 

13 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Revell, according to two independent sources who have worked with them in the past, is not doing any more new tool plastic kits.  Their SR-71 that's due out shortly was started by their in-house designer several years ago, and frequently delayed.  He died suddenly, leaving Revell looking for the CAD files that he'd done, which were finally located.  From everything I'm hearing, that is the last totally new tool Revell plastic model aircraft kit you're likely to see for the foreseeable future.  Reboxes of other manufacturers' kits and reissues of their own tooling, but nothing new from Revell.

Your "two independent sopurces" are lying to you. Eckhart, the in-house designer who designed many great models such as the FW 190 or the Ar 196 (to name just a few) had finished the work on the SR-71 long before he died. Eckhart died in the spring of this year, by which time the tooling for the SR-71 was already in progress. Revell is working on new molds. Later this year they are releasing a 1/72 F-15, which is a completely new tool that was designed last year and tooled this year. I am looking at the test shots on my desk right now as I write this. They are also releasing a 1/72 Razor Crest, which is a brand new tool also. 

Radu 

2 minutes ago, Radub said:

Revell is working on new molds. Later this year they are releasing a 1/72 F-15, which is a completely new tool that was designed last year and tooled this year. I am looking at the test shots on my desk right now as I write this. They are also releasing a 1/72 Razor Crest, which is a brand new tool also. 

Radu 

I gotta echo Radu on this one. I've seen the Revell sprues for the SR-71 and the 1/72 F-15 in person, and the F-15 specifically is indeed a new tool kit.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA