Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

11 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

The last time a new tool 1/32 mk1 Spitfire was released I was a baby, 0 years old. Now I’m 54 years old and as happy as a toddler with a new nipple to feed from!

I’ll be buying one, engine or not, Tamiya price or not, I just need to have one!

I agree with that except: I was a bit older in 1967, and depending on price, I doubt I'll be able to stop at one.

7 hours ago, mattcour said:

No jets :(

Give them a chance.  And we can read into this what we will - imo it certainly does not rule out jets.

" “At Wingnut Wings we focussed on First World War aircraft models because that was the owner’s main area of interest. At Kōtare we no longer have that constraint and, while our first kitset will be of a famous Second World War aircraft, we will not rule out future subjects from WWI, or any other era [my italics].   We have a long list of potential subjects to work through but welcome suggestions, specially so if the suggestions are accompanied by copious amounts of reference material!”

(Quoted from https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/new-kit-brand-ex-wingnut-wings-crew )

A Vampire/Venom series would be most welcome.

Edited by MikeC

10 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Depends on what you mean by " jets". We have an He-162, Me-262, F-80, Meteor, all in newer 1/32, and all 1st gen. jets.

Ok, more specific then, mostly 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen aircraft. Early jets such as F9F Panthers, FJ Fury (-ies), F4D Skyray etc.

Then the cold war jets such as F-102, F-106, F-101 and F-111, some Dassault jets like the F.1 and maybe a few Russians like the Mig-25.

I am aware that investment in tooling must be justified by the amount of interest but I think at least the Century series have that potential.

4 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

To me probably sooner than any from Kotare as they announced their first Spit release for end of next year. So if they start working now on a Vampire we would not get it before 2025.

You may well be right Thierry,  I'll just have to contain my twin-boom impatience for the time being.

12 hours ago, mattcour said:

Ok, more specific then, mostly 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen aircraft. Early jets such as F9F Panthers, FJ Fury (-ies), F4D Skyray etc.

Then the cold war jets such as F-102, F-106, F-101 and F-111, some Dassault jets like the F.1 and maybe a few Russians like the Mig-25.

I am aware that investment in tooling must be justified by the amount of interest but I think at least the Century series have that potential.

I would add the F-1 Phantom and A-3 Skywarrior to this lovely list of yours.