Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

On 8/21/2021 at 6:29 PM, npb748r said:

I've been modelling for 50 plus years, I think I'm experienced with average creative skills - the thought of two wings and rigging sends shivers down my spine. I picked up the ICM gladiator when it first came out, immediately painted and nearly finished it - it now sits on the shelf of doom, waiting for me to get the courage to try and fix that upper wing to the rest of the plane.  You makers of double wingers are a wonder to me, it's all witchcraft and dark arts and it scares me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

The best piece of advice I got regarding fear of this or that modelling failure/technique was from Mike Maben.  He said something the effect of "There is nothing to fear.  It's just a model"  It's helped me in many a situation.

As for my personal experience...   I bought a cheap Eduard 1/48 kit for practice.  It was all I needed to plunge into the world of rigging.

Edited by Gazzas

8 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Two people, separated by a common language :)

The airline is Qatar Airways, which in the proper Arabic pronunciation comes across almost as “GUTT-ur”

I hear the airline called ‘Qatari all the time, literally every working day which is why the audible sound bite registered with the youtube chap’s announcement.

with apologies to anyone who is figuring out an entendre

A double entendre may exploit puns or word play to convey the second meaning

Q.E.D.

5 minutes ago, Palm-tree said:

I hear the airline called ‘Qatari all the time, literally every working day which is why the audible sound bite registered with the youtube chap’s announcement.

with apologies to anyone who is figuring out an entendre

A double entendre may exploit puns or word play to convey the second meaning

Q.E.D.

We all know what an entendre is:

Dassault_Etendard_IVP,_France_-_Navy_AN2

Richard

That's possibly a pun

13 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

Maybe you’re reading too much into it. That’s not how it’s pronounced. Simple :thumbsup:

I may have missed it, and I'm not trying to be "that guy", but, could you phonetically spell it out for those of us who may have  mispronounced it? Thanks.