Barnes Wallis - Apparently too Difficult to spell

Scotsman

A couple of years ago we had a nice well educated young woman working for us , mid 20s , University educated , and she had never heard of he Dambustsers , Film/Raid , zilch , what made it all the more amazing was her Birthday was the 16th of May , and night of the raid.. I only just managed to keep my comments to myself!

2 hours ago, Scotsman said:

A couple of years ago we had a nice well educated young woman working for us , mid 20s , University educated , and she had never heard of he Dambustsers , Film/Raid , zilch , what made it all the more amazing was her Birthday was the 16th of May , and night of the raid.. I only just managed to keep my comments to myself!

OK Boomer.

3 hours ago, Scotsman said:

My daughter in law is a PhD (medicine/science-based), her husband a medical doctor (paediatrician) who also has a chemistry degree......bright couple! I mentioned the Dambusters in conversation a couple of years ago, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was appalled, flabbergasted! Such holes in their understanding and appreciation of our world and recent history. 

How could they not have heard of a single air raid 78 years ago , kept famous by a film from 66 years ago :blowup:.

Gadzooks what do they learn in schools these day ????? There will be floggings if 1066 is not remembered properly or Trafalgar Day is not observed . 

A quick refresher for younger viewers perhaps Cuthburt ....