JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

3 hours ago, Chek said:

Has anyone managed to source the MRP Swedish colours in the UK?

I have them all now apart from the black (MRP176), which I'll likely sub with NATO black, and the Dark Green (MRP177)

which has some unique tonal quality over other common dark greens.

I set up email alerts with Premium many months ago, but no sign of them yet.

Maybe a last option but I have seen them all ina  couple of Swedish stores reently..

Not used the splinter ones yet - apart from the underside colour, but they look good. Though I was very happy with the Gunze variants too on a build I did. Actually used Tamiya NATO Black on that one for the, well, black. Good match. Atleast on a weather one.

Not sure if it plain old weathering (the aircraft was probably well used here) or a bit of the photo as well. But the black is not that black on this subject.. ;)

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/saab-37-viggen-in-detail/

Edit: I guess you have other options but just in case:

https://www.alfahobby.se/black-093m

https://www.rebell.com/svart-093m-viggen-splinter-camo-30-ml.html

https://www.hobbyland.se/product/black-093m-modern-swedish-af

Edited by Paramedic

I've got all 5 Swedish MRP colors (6 if you count the SAF yellow) but just this morning got notice that the actual kit is on its way!

Please be informed that 1:32 JA37 Viggen kit of your order #10638 has been shipped today

We recommend www.17track.net/en website, if you already do not know a better one, as we find it to be providing most updated cargo movements. It may sometimes be possible that no updates are observed for a long time after a package is forwarded to its destination country, as the information for updates after dispatched from Istanbul is totally provided by the receiving postal services and depends on their speed of processing packages.

Postal services are now faster compared to last year, however we suggest you keep a continuous eye on your package as much as you can to avoid losses, as we have been informed by the postal service that delivery priorities may vary in certain countries and some prolonged deliveries are still possible.

For your information, the package has been sent with a 85 USD value.

Best,

JETMADS Team

So they are at least up to order #10638 as far as sending out kits goes.   Cant wait!

8 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m glad your kit is on the way Brian, but I have an issue with they way they are doing multiple kit orders.  I ordered (and paid for) two kits under order # 10584.  Am still waiting on my second kit to be shipped.

I would think the correct way to do it would be to ship any two kits under the same # ordered at the same time.  If ordered later yes, later shipping date, but it seems only fair to ship multiples ordered at the same time under a single order number together. 

On 10/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, frank83 said:

Maybe that you will find this interesting.

Motiv-Provflygplan-JA-37-6-under-markser

Thanks! That is very inspiring for sure, the camouflage net is a good idea.

I have a friend who will 3D print some stuff like compressors and a few similar equpiment and I am collecting things like trees etc to make it look like a spot in Sweden :)

So to speak being a part of the second batch of Viggen kits, I am more than willing to wait a little than it being rushed.

One time, I ordered a guitar online, but inside my own country. The package arrived with two holes in it, one the size of a human fist, and I had to stand there at the post office inspecting my guitar, for any sign of scratches and damages. Then other times I've received thin plate of photo etch in an envelope, and it was all good.

18 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I would think the correct way to do it would be to ship any two kits under the same # ordered at the same time.  If ordered later yes, later shipping date, but it seems only fair to ship multiples ordered at the same time under a single order number together. 

yes, maybe. But if I wanted to get at least one kit into the hands of someone who wanted it, I might consider spreading the butter more thinly. There may be a rare modeller or two who will build more than one kit at the same time, most I assume will start only one. The second, third or more would sit in the stash longer than it will take to ship the second kit out to them. 

13 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

Some places on the planet you drive on the right lane... And on the left lane in some countries.

Apparently the Swedes drive on both lanes :D

857hhek4qia11.jpg

They are rare, but there are still some dedicated road bases out there.. One I know of that has been destroyed was part of the E22 between Mönsterås and Kalmar. Built for F 12 Wing I presume, but they never used Viggens.

Pretty cool, the rather narrow road suddenly widened out and was very straight. Was not really a secret at that time (if it ever was) but you could see taxi ways and some green buildings inside the pine forest to the right and left. It is still visible today though they have erected a wire in the middle to turn the road into a motorway and bulldozed up earth on the sides, reduzing the width..

Saw similar taxiways at Karlsborg when I did my service, same type of buildings and the same colour. And since I spent a lot of time in those forests, all around, they seemed to be everywhere. Belonged to F 6 Wing - whcih DID fly AJ 37s.

There is also one still in use you actually cross if you drive the road I use. :) It does not happen that often, but it DOES happen that it is used and the road might be temporarily close. Quite far from any Wing..

Saw yet another in northern Sweden that had a small piece of mountain hangar - and it was not part of a main airfield for any Wing. Used for other things these days. Both civilian and military so not really secret but some of the uses are not, something you scream out loud - (do not wanna get the leftists and vegans panties ina  twist.....).

There is probably pictures around but I could try to get to that old one on the E22 and take some pictures - if I find anything useful. But doubt I can get there before Spring...

32 minutes ago, DonH said:

yes, maybe. But if I wanted to get at least one kit into the hands of someone who wanted it, I might consider spreading the butter more thinly. There may be a rare modeller or two who will build more than one kit at the same time, most I assume will start only one. The second, third or more would sit in the stash longer than it will take to ship the second kit out to them. 

I can kinda understand that thinking - but at the same time.. Someone ordering and paying, in order, for something.. Should get it in that order? Kinda mixed feelings about it. Do not like the thought of a company deciding who "needs" it more when one actually ordered and paid before the other..