JetMads 1/32 Viggen

1 hour ago, JMcD said:

Viggen.png

The cad drawings on their website show the brakes openable but looking at the aft fuselage part, Jetmads too seem to have changed their mind.

We’ll see about that. The red parts are / were still in production phase at the time the picture was released.

29 minutes ago, Matti said:

We’ll see about that. The red parts are / were still in production phase at the time the picture was released.

Yes, I know that. The airbrakes seem closed and integral to the part now, for only the panel line is visible. Othewise there would be a recess with some details if it was designed openable, and with a separate cover of course.

12 minutes ago, JMcD said:

Yes, I know that. The airbrakes seem closed and integral to the part now, for only the panel line is visible. Othewise there would be a recess with some details if it was designed openable, and with a separate cover of course.

Yes, airbrakes seem to be in closed positions. I hope it’s not too late to redesign that...

14 minutes ago, Matti said:

Yes, airbrakes seem to be in closed positions. I hope it’s not too late to redesign that...

I like open canopies, dropped flaps etc so open airbrakes would look good however that would not be accurate as all photographic references show them closed. As I mentioned, they were even cancelled on the JA37s, which must be why Jetmads revised their design, if that is the final version of the part. There's nothing wrong with it being closed and in fact it is more accurate this way. 

21 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Superb pics - my wife looking over my shoulder just mumbled something about "Bloody Idiot"..  Hmmm, she may have a point 

My wife bought me this as a Christmas present. I didn’t even have to do the hard sell as she has a SAAB cabriolet (and a history of owning a few of them over the years) which I bought for her 50th last year, so my man reasoning was easy on this one:yahoo:

11 hours ago, JMcD said:

I like open canopies, dropped flaps etc so open airbrakes would look good however that would not be accurate as all photographic references show them closed. As I mentioned, they were even cancelled on the JA37s, which must be why Jetmads revised their design, if that is the final version of the part. There's nothing wrong with it being closed and in fact it is more accurate this way. 

Maybe so. But the underside perforated ones add a nice detail touch.

12 hours ago, JMcD said:

37 minutes ago, Chek said:

Maybe so. But the underside perforated ones add a nice detail touch.

I personally prefer accuracy over aesthetics (unless I intend to model it in a maintenance configuration). however, this is a creative hobby, so I understand why some would prefer to have the airbrakes opened on their models, even if it is not strictly accurate for an in-service aircraft as normally seen.

Derek 

16 hours ago, JMcD said:

The thing about the arming lever on the seat is that it has a strong spring and may cause injuries if untrained people, like museum workers or visitors, somehow try to close it.

That's why it is always kept closed.

Ah, that is a good explanation! Thanks for pointing that out.

Rainer

Bugger ... Just received ...

Hello,

Covid has finally hit us. Some of our production crew, production manager and general manager are under medication since last week. They are all doing well now and have been prescribed full day rest for several weeks.

A decision we were very reluctantly but inevitably forced to make, please be informed that we now have to pause all production activities until the end of May, when hopefully everyone will fully have recovered and be back to their work.

We will be pleased to inform you when the production resumes… and please have no doubt that it will.

Our communication stays open, please feel free to send any queries but be noted that responses may be delayed.

Kind Regards,

JETMADS Team

Been holding off saying this but have been discussing this with friends who have ordered the kit, some might agree , some may think im being alarmist, some might disagree vehemently , only time will tell but here goes...

ive been expecting this, technically it is already the third excuse in a row re the timespan of the release....

arguably the other delays based on covid seemed plausible at the time, indeed to a certain point so does this BUT

500 kits at 189 dollars per kit =94,000 dollars ( 75000 dollars after factoring turkish tax)

they apparently have a ‘team’ who have been working hard on this since september, thats (lets be generous ) and say 6 months of man hrs

thats 15000 dollars a month (11500 after tax) lets assume they have a team of no more than 5 people, thats 2300 dollars per person for 6 months, without even thinkin what the MD of a company like this may want as remittance...

if we factor in materials, and consumables, and cad licenses and other costs within a busines, theres now way i can see how a new company trying to produce this can possibly work on such a small income, 

i have thought it may go pearshaped from day one but have bit my tongue and given them every chance but things are starting to smell now imho.........

just an opinion remember , but backed up by a LOT of evidence, circumstantial and otherwise,, other that 10 or so parts, we still have only seen cad dwgs and pics of decal sheets, mostly cyberware...

yes i am aware they have already released one nice kit but its only anecdotal evidence that the company works as there are very few of them out there......