RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

On 1/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Troy Molitor said:

NO NO NO....Focus mate.  :popcorn:

Ditto.   Take a break, because this problem is nothing compared to what you have enduring and conquered already.  A small speed bump in my opinion.   I know that you can overcome any modeling problem Anthony, I have no doubt!

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

14 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Some of my other projects are starting to look rather inviting right now....

Been there, done that. Having said that, I guess we all know that feeling. Just follow the advice of the guys above and relax. There is allways hope. :coolio:

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

This is normal Anthony: I have been  working on a small full kit master pattern for over two years now, and it is loss of modelling mojo (among over things like long working hours and moving home) which has prevented me finishing by now (and why I have not made any of my own stuff). 

To get back into the saddle, I leave the part of the build that is getting me down and work on another part of the build - once my mojo is back, I then tackle the problem area once more.

Good luck

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Derek has wise words, above. 

I regularly suffer from the issues you describe - hence many of my longer term projects take a looooooooong time to finish. 

I would strongly recommend a break - work on something else for a while otherwise the Toom will become a chore and that’s when things go wrong. 

I find some time away from a build means you return with renewed vigour when you’re ready and then it’s all systems go... until you hit the next bump ;)

I’ve been following this from the sidelines for a while and have loved your work so far - it’s inspiring stuff!

Tom

Well I didnt expect that :wub:

Thank you ALL for your support, and rather than replying individually I just want to say thank you all!!!!  I just woke up (Monday morning here) your replies are a little overwhelming to me. I carefully read each reply with a smile. 

I was just feeling the boost I needed from what you all said so picked the kit up and taped as much together as I could and flew it around my room, studying the beast from different angles and remembering how much I love the Spey Phantom and why I started this in the beginning.  Thinking I might get back to it I opened my emails and....

This was there from my good friend Kerry!

na55FY.jpg

Well...she's all go again!  

You guys rock and thanks for your support.  Kerry if you are reading this mate I shall reply shortly!

I might study the wing to fuse shapes for a bit and make sure I am getting that 'coke bottle' right then finish off those intakes.

Cheers everyone, I love this community!

Anthony

4 minutes ago, jenshb said:

Those spill vents would be a good candidate for CAD modelling and 3D printing.  If your friend Kerry has created a Spey nozzle, buy him a bottle of whisky, and maybe he can do your vents for the air intake as well?

Yes mate I think they would, in fact a whole new set of intakes and reheat cans would get you a LONG way toward doing the hard parts on a Brit Toom.

I dont like asking for help with peoples time/skills as I know how precious mine is.  Kerry is planning on all internals too.  Such a nice chap...

Cheers Anthony

3 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

3D printing has the potential to revolutionise modelling (if it hasn’t already).

Glad to hear that you have regained enthusiasm for your “Toom” Anthony.

Keep at it. :goodjob:

Thanks buddy, 3D printing really has enhanced our hobby and taken it to a new level indeed.

I am all go again...trouble is I have to go to work soon :doh: