Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

I’ve just been into the attic and have found my 1/32nd Sunderland kit... I’m itching to get going on it now, but at least I have some time to do some research. 

Ohhhhhhh, I think I speak for anyone who comes to LSP regularly and has seen your work....................W'ed love to see a Short Sunderland WIP thread!!   I can only begin to imagine how big the Sunderland is in 32nd.  I know the Lanc and 24 are big, but the Sunderland is a couple standard feet/meters longer in wingspan and some 20 feet/6 meters longer, so that is going to be one BIG BOY! 

IMHO it really is quite a lovely airframe...........

75395_1312535599.jpg

Roll on January 1st! 

Thinking the same!

I've got a project for the multi-engined GB I'm really anxious to start on myself. 

•  

I've got a project for the multi-engined GB I'm really anxious to start on myself. 

I know the feeling

i hope i can bring it to a good end

still waiting for some stuff to land in the mail

but i can start without that

work enough for the dio and i even found a name for it

so bring on the first of the new year

Mark

Great topic for a group build. 

What to build:

- a big jet - Hornet, Phantom, F-15, Typhoon, Meteor, F-14, Tornado, Intruder, Lightning,

Su-27, A-10, F-5E;

- a WWII subject: Mosquito, Me110, B-17, B-25, Me262;

- a rocket with five engines;.

Too much choice - I guess it will have to be an F-15E.

I am sure that there will be some great models created during this LSP - LETS GO.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:48 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Ohhhhhhh, I think I speak for anyone who comes to LSP regularly and has seen your work....................W'ed love to see a Short Sunderland WIP thread!!   I can only begin to imagine how big the Sunderland is in 32nd.  I know the Lanc and 24 are big, but the Sunderland is a couple standard feet/meters longer in wingspan and some 20 feet/6 meters longer, so that is going to be one BIG BOY! 

IMHO it really is quite a lovely airframe...........

Oh she’s big alright! The sheer bulk of the fuselage will make building it a mission but I took on and defeated the 1/32 B-29 so I’m confident of success! Ill get some piccies up as soon as I make a start. 

2 hours ago, ericg said:

I will weigh in to this one, OV-10A as flown by an RAAF pilot in Vietnam, similar to my Bird Dog and O-2 builds. Have already had contact with the pilot and he is super keen to see this one happen.

3A0F87A9-0820-4A14-BDD4-45CE6F8AA8B5-M.j

Excellent. That kit has IMHO been given quite an unfair bad wrap. 

Does it have its share of head scratching engineering choices and flubs? Yes. Does it have some unwanted ejector pin marks in some  unhandy spots? Yes.

None of that or any of the other flaws in the kit make it bad, it just asks a bit more of the modeler than some. KHM has come a long way, even since the OV-10.

I'll be building my 3rd KHM OV-10 at some point coming up, and I've always found it a fun if not challenging build.