Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


karimb last won the day on March 17 2018

karimb had the most liked content!


About karimb

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Birthday 05/07/1981

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,585 profile views
  1. Chuck thank you very much for the kind comments and thank you for checking in on the post!
  2. thank you Tom for your kind words It’s a real pleasure to be able to share the build with all you guys on here. The wood brush painted is a technique i have been trying to work on lately its not difficult just takes a bit of practice and sorts out alot of the mess that comes with oils. I like it!
  3. thank you very much Jarda for the kind words !
  4. thank you Andy! It’s a pleasure to have you check in on the post!
  5. Thank you Brian it’s always good to have you check in on my builds and leave such kind comments! the kit is highly recommended!
  6. Thank you very much for your kind words! The kit is alot of fun just be careful with some of the attachment points or lack thereof. The top cowling and tail to cockpit assembly fit needs a bit of work but overall it is a lovely kit and well recommended. You’d be surprised how relatively small the aircraft is comparison with say an Albatros! Thanks for checking in!
  7. Haven't posted anything on LSP in a while as i have been using a different platform of late, so hello again! First go at a CSM kit and i am happy to say they are very well designed. All paints either a mix of Tamiya or simply MRP colors. Wood is all brush painted using Tamiya paints thinned with MLT and using Tamiya retarder to minimize the brush strokes. All markings custom masks. Weathering with AMMO products and pigments, pencils for some of the chipping and Abteilung oils. Turnbuckles by gaspatch and of course the tubing is all from Bob's Buckles regards, Karim
  8. Around 150 at my end. Just did the wnw inventory today (to assign the aftermarket into each box) at the location i operate out of and have 57 of those. Around the same amount back home. WW1 is my full on favorite so it’s the biggest chunk. Add to this a handful of encore and roden kits, a couple of jets and a couple of prop airplanes (Planet models, HPH, tami, zm and model airways wooden kits for 1/16) and that sums up the aircraft. The only scale i build is 1/32 and bigger. For armour there’s maybe two dozen 1/35s all eclectic and strange stuff like trench diggers, industrial heavy machinery used in military roles, rocket launchers tracked or wheeled, late german 45 stuff too, mainly trump, RyeField model, panzershop and meng, all with their am sets. Karim edit: and yes i am going to build most of them. Whatever is left when i die will go with me on my funeral pyre
  9. europapete thank you for you kind words. jennings yes i used them but yes they need you to scratchbuild the assembly structure. I scratched mine but i cannot link WIP now as i am on the phone. I am happy to announce properplane (Alexey Belov) has cad designed the albatros turbuckle assembly which i assisted in and they will hopefully go to production soon but you will require the gaspatch single ended turnbuckles to plug them in. Alexey has designed the part to include the balljoint in the casting and it is SUPERB. Karim https://properplane.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=154
  10. Dave sorry if it feel i hijacked the thread. I will probably start a new one once we get closer to starting the hph build. Sorry again K
  11. thanks @LSP_Ray! thanks @Kagemusha! the problem i meant with regards to fitting the cockpit or gearbays is i will have to cut the space out the find a way to fit the assemblies into a hollow space then have them held back against the surface. I was thinking of cutting the gear bay section out following panel lines then gluing shims on the inside of the wing area. Gluing the bays to the cut out “panel” then regluing this to the shims. I don’t know if the idea is coming across right. in the case of the cockpit if i cut out the area where the canopy is, that area isn’t wide enough for me to slip the cockpit in to glue it to the shell so i will have to find another way to get all those big components slipped into the fiberglass shell and secured in position (this example seems to be clearer). Chain drilling is absolutely fine so would be using my set of micro circular pe disc saws mated to the proxxon. This is basically the major thing that has been keeping me holding back from digging in. Kag, ill take photos of the whole carton content and post them once i am back from vaca! K
  12. pictures below. The kit looks raw in those photos but it is actually much much more refined. Some areas look like they have dents but the reality is the fiber shell is smooth as glass, the areas that look like dents is where the color dye hasn’t spread during the molding process. HPH had to delay the molding because of the heat during summer 2018 in Czech Republic. The molding is through the vertical axis of the aircraft so you are left with a protrusion that needs to be sanded out. The “kit” comes with all the resin goodies in three massive tupperware type boxes. Very nicely detailed bays, cockpit is an excellent base for superdetailing, paint masks, two vac form canopies and the stencils to make a french armée de l’air machine in two tone gray. i am ready to roll on that one once i figure out how i am going to cut the shell to insert the gear bay areas and the cockpit as the shell is a solid continuous surface, albeit hollow. In one of the photos i have placed a wingnut wings Junkers D.1 for size comparison. if this beast is built up to a high standard and you take your time on it it will turn into an epic showstopper! Karim
  • Create New...