1/32 Marauder

AlexM

I printed some parts for the interior structure. These are just my interpretation (therefore no guarantee for accuracy) from various cutaway drawings I found, and the 360-degree views found here:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/WWII_tour/WWII-10.html

QG3DMii.jpg

JAwjjsv.jpg

XdEDcYH.jpg

qoRxONc.jpg

They still need lots of clean-up and sanding for a better fit, but they'll add much stability to the large fuselage.

Cheers

Alex

Little progress. I've been busy on the bomb bay(s).

ixSBTUQ.jpg

1jHestU.jpg

gdlOBIl.jpg

rhlHOfu.jpg

The bomb bay walls are not very clean, with some scratches here and there. But most areas will be pretty invisible at the end, so no problem for me :D

Bombs come from the spare box. Left ones are from the Revell P-51. I think the four ones on the right were from some Trumpy kit. I enlarged the fins a bit so they will match with the other ones. Don't know where the two partly painted ones in the midle came from.

EnExyo9.jpg

xj12dYW.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Great work on the bomb bay! That corrugated roof is pre-corrugated sheet plastic isn't it? I can't imagine you could 3-D print that out - I know my little printer couldn't. Still inspiring work, as in inspiring me to try something similar, albeit on a much smaller scale (maybe a 1/72nd scale racer, such as the Verville-Sperry R-3).

Regards,

Jason