1/32 Marauder

AlexM

I just saw this thread - amazing work! I've only ever seriously thought of printing out small kits using my 3-D printer, but printing out a 1/32nd scale Marauder!? Of course, if I started printing out 1/32nd scale models (a 1/32nd scale B-36, anyone?), I'd need to print out an extension to my house.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.

8 hours ago, Learstang said:

I just saw this thread - amazing work! I've only ever seriously thought of printing out small kits using my 3-D printer, but printing out a 1/32nd scale Marauder!? Of course, if I started printing out 1/32nd scale models (a 1/32nd scale B-36, anyone?), I'd need to print out an extension to my house.

Best Regards,

Jason

Here you go!: 3D Printed Houses

Really cool project. Those asking Alex for a copy of his kit should brace themselves as even if Alex decided to sell copies, 3D printing is still very expensive. To 3D print high quality parts that are smooth in high quality resin, a kit such as this would run well into the 6-7 hundred dollar mark. It'll make HpH kits look cheap.

Edited by Maxim

49 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Really coll project. Those asking Alex for a copy of his kit should brace themselves as even if Alex decided to sell copies, 3D printing is still very expensive. To 3D print high quality parts that are smooth in high quality resin, a kit such as this would run well into the 6-7 hundred dollar mark. It'll make HpH kits look cheap.

Yes, good point. But we modellers are a strange lot (no surprise there). It's amazing the amount of quid we're willing to part with if it's something we really want. 600 or 700USD would be a bit outside of my range, but a detailed 1/32nd scale kit of the B-26 (the Marauder or Invader)? I might be willing to part with 300 or 400USD.

Regards,

Jason

Thank you all for your encouraging word.

16 hours ago, Learstang said:

Best Regards,

Jason

13 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Dang, impressive is right.   This looks amazing and to me is definitely the future of modeling! 

True, once you figured out the technique, almost everything seems possible :frantic:

18 hours ago, Hagar said:

Will you be making kits for people to buy? The Maurader is one of my favs.

James

This  is rather unlikely at the moment. First - to play fair - I would need a professional licence, as everything is designed with a free non-commercial software. Then there is our bureaucracy. In my country, we have a strange masochistic proclivity for excessive bureaucracy :mental:

Though I appreciate all your kind words, the printed parts are far way from perfect. And I can't do some details like engines, guns or reasonable wheel on my own.  And the experts out there would - justifiably - demand my stoning due to the endless list of inaccuracies :fight:   I don't like stoning :D

Finally there ist time - after several started but unfinshed projects, I would be happy to acutually finish on model. Since my holidays  are ending today, I'm already afraid that progress could again slow down.

But there is hope. As mentioned above, there are rumors about a Resin Marauder kit from Resin2detail.

Cheers

Alex