Encouraging News re: a 1/32 TBD Devastator

Bill M.

Well, if a producer wanted to do the TBD, all they would have to do is match the secrecy levels of WNW. when ready to issue, BAM, ready to sell, and get the jump on other competitors.

Perhaps it's more "To Be Deleted" Personally I don't think the Devastator would have sold that well to the average modeller. I could be wrong.

That may well be true, but there are all kinds of new kits being made that is are at least as "obscure" as the Devastator, if not more so, or of a limited appeal.

Not sure why no one has done the TBD.  My advice would be to build it in 1/48 for anyone who loves this specific aircraft.

It's a lot better than nothing!  

• 4 years later...
  • LSP_Ron changed the title to Encouraging News re: a 1/32 TBD Devastator
3 hours ago, Goofy3 said:

It's been officially announced by Trumpeter as an April 2023 release!  2023-04 新品预告-新品发布-小号手 TRUMPETER (trumpeter-china.com)   One thing gets lost in translation - if I have my browser translate the page to English, the kit is listed as "American TBD-1 torpedo attack aircraft "Ravager""

Good news but I don’t know the overall proportions look a bit off from that angle, and cowling looks a bit undernourished 

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Good news but I don’t know the overall proportions look a bit off from that angle, and cowling looks a bit undernourished 

If you’re referring to the photos of the test build, it looked good dimensionally to me. On the real TBD, the cowling did look small— not a surprise as it was slow and underpowered by 1942 standards. All this said, without having taken a ruler to the kit, I thought it looked “promising”— something I couldn’t say with some other Trumpeter efforts…

Bill M.

6 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

No disrespect intended, but given how the criticisms concerning the recent RoG Hurricane turned out it might be wise to wait for the actual kit before we start pointing out flaws.

Ernest