RB Productions - Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka Type 22 - **FIN!**

Out2gtcha

When I first started looking at this thread I thought, man that looks terrible.  All the putty, different colors and sanding made it look like there was no way it could turn out well.  Then I kept clicking through and it slowly started to come together.  Now it looks amazing!  That some great talent right there...

Bryan

Thanks gents. 

Bryan,

Yes, AAMOF I was getting worried myself for a bit there!     

All in all, its turning out Ok. Its about what I expected even after the nose seem debacle, and the layers upon layers of primers and clears. I didnt intend most of that, but such is how modeling goes. I am in the process of correcting the windscreen and canopy, but its take a bit, as they both needed polishing up, after removing some of the errant paint. 

After I get the canopy and windscreen paint corrected.....................really all I have to do is attach the exhaust tube, the generator exhaust pipes, the seat w/posed seat belt, and finally the cross-hairs and aiming site and I think Im done. Hopefully, I can manage to finish up the clear paint corrections tonight. That will go a long way to wrapping this lil guy up so I can get on to bigger and more "twin-ier" things. 

Ok gents,

Last night I got the seat w/seat-belts in, as well as getting the upper seat-belt posed draped outside the craft, as if the Ohka was about to be piloted to a glorious victory for the Empire of Japan.............

I also managed to get the windscreen and canopy cleanup as good as they are going to get. Its not perfect, and Im not 100% happy with them, but they are what they are, and I have BIG TWIN things to move onto!  I got the canopy glued on in its final resting place as well. 

I got the main Turbo-jet exhaust tube glued in, the generator exhaust stacks in, as well as the fuse in the nose.   Literally the ONLY thing (s) left to do is glue on the cross-hair, and the aiming sight, and this bad-boy is DDDDDDDONE! 

Pics tonight!

Ok, so "tonight" turned into today, then tonight, so without further ado, here is the little Ohka, all finished up!  These are just some "pre" RFI shots...............Ill take some actual RFI shots and make an RFI post in a few weeks when I get the lens in for my new DSLR.  

Its pretty far from perfect, and maybe even far from great, but its DONE. 100% OOB:

20171104_185538-XL.jpg

20171104_185604-XL.jpg

20171104_185654-XL.jpg

20171104_185707-XL.jpg

20171104_185736-XL.jpg

20171104_185728-XL.jpg

20171104_185805-XL.jpg

FIN

Build Time:

3 months

2 days

Thanks to one and all who followed along and took the time to stop in and comment or like a post.   Well, tonight will be spent cleaning up and OUT the model room in preparation for the next adventure. Its one Ive been waiting my WHOLE modeling career for....................

Its TIGERCAT TIME!!!!!

Cheers until then,

this is a hugley impressive model - not just because it looks bloody amazing, but it was also a real test of perseverance :)

personally I have been willing you to finish it so you can get on with your magnum opus - that F7F that has had your name on it from your first day in the world :)

...can't wait - I have tons of refs so PM if you need anything and had a (very) small hand in mastering the kit so can't wait to see it come to life

Peter