RB Productions - Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka Type 22 - **FIN!**

Out2gtcha

Go, Brian!!!

Thanks Ray. I looked at my latest round of Mr Surfacer 1500, and it looked pretty good at first glance, but Ill know more tonight. Im hoping I can lay down some color before the weekend, as i *COUGH* have other projects calling my name...........

I can hear the impatient mewing in the background of a big kitty...

I think it is actually speaking to me from the box!  It looks SOOOOOOO good in the box, that I really cant wait to start it. Im going to do some finish sanding on the Ohka, then write a little bit on a foiling article im working on, then Ill take some pics of the T-Cat for my upcoming IBR. 

Pics of the Ohka later if they warrant!  I wont bother taking pics tonight of the Ohka if it requires another round of primer. But if its the last round of primer, Ill snap a couple pics after finish sanding the 1500 prior to laying down the IJN Grey 

So got the last SUPER fiddly step out of the way tonight, which consisted of final finish sanding and installation of the counterbalance weights for the flying surfaces. There were a combo of PE and resin and were EXTRA fiddly and a huge PITA. 

I also got the hole I chopped out in the bottom of the fuse to put extra nose wieght in cleaned up and smoothed out as well, but I forgot to take pics of that. 

They are done, and the black primer coat looks decent, albeit a bit dirty here, as I need to clean the airframe again before I paint:

20171013_215807-XL.jpg

20171013_215739-XL.jpg

20171013_215727-XL.jpg

20171013_215706-XL.jpg

20171013_215648-XL.jpg

Looks like its paint first thing tomorrow!   Ive got a big Ol twin kitty calling me sitting in the workshop with me, so Id love to finish this one up so I can put the F7F on the main part of my bench, and resorect my Extra 330 build for the smaller part.

Cheers till later.......

Thanks gents! I'm not trying to rush this one, but I still need to take some in box shots of the F7F.

I'll likely start on the "motteling" phase of the black based IJN grey pains scheme and while that is drying I'll start on the Tigercat review pics.

I'll then go over the motteling with a SUPER diluted mix 10:1 or so maybe) of the IJN grey.

Next time you see the Ohka, it should hopefully have some color!

Dammit!!! This bloody @#%!ing seem is going to be the death of me. Just as I was prepping for final cleaning for paint I noticed this:

20171014_151000-XL.jpg

I know I havent dropped this thing at all, the crack just appeared again. I can only think somehow the lead inside somehow cracked the resin.

So this time i used JB Weld:

20171014_152117-XL.jpg

Well no painting today obviously, but I managed to get the pitot tube installed:

20171014_152109-XL.jpg

More tomorrow I hope if that infamous crack doesn't rear it's ugly head again

Ok, first things first, I have never EVER in my life had so much difficulty with a single seam. The forward center fuselage seem was just giving me CRAZY fits, and Ill bet I sanded and filled that thing 15 times. Nothings perfect, the the Mr Surfacer 1500 did wonders, and ended up smooth as a babys butt.

Its always something, but I finally nailed it down..........

20171022_182702-XL.jpg

20171022_182716-XL.jpg

20171022_182720-XL.jpg

20171022_182734-XL.jpg

20171022_182738-XL.jpg

20171022_182754-XL.jpg

20171022_182759-XL.jpg

Next up, I also finally laid down some actual paint. In this case it was the mottling phase of the IJN gray over the black base.........................

Started off with the lower fuselage mottling with the Mr Paint IJN gray, here in process in the paint booth. I tried to keep the lower portion of the Ohka mottling more spares, with more overall black spaces, keeping the lower surfaces imperceptibly darker (or at least the is the idea when complete) while also varying the tones on some panels:

20171022_185617-XL.jpg

20171022_185625-XL.jpg

20171022_185632-XL.jpg

Next, I let the underside dry for an hour or so, then flipped the little aircraft over and started the mottling on the top. For the top I wanted a more dense gray tone with less black, just for some tonal interest, since the entire air-frame is all a single uniform color. This is just to break things up, and although it looks rough ATM, later this will all be brought together by a an overall blending coat of 90:10 thinner to paint:

20171022_202915-XL.jpg

20171022_202927-XL.jpg

20171022_202930-XL.jpg

You can kind of see the tonal variation in this shot. I was going on the fact that when these were produced, being a one off, Im sure not all of them got pristine opaque paint jobs, so some variation in the IJN gray may not be that fictional:

20171022_202946-XL.jpg

Tiz all for now lads. Between writing the HpH Tigercat review (coming soon to LSP!), prepping for an article Ive been dabbling writing on for some time, getting my lighting setup done, and life, and work in general, I havnt had as much time to devote to the little guy as Id like, but Im aiming to finish up this little gem as soon as I can, so I can start my beloved.