1/32 Su-33 from Tanmodel!!!!!!!

Tomcatfreak

I wonder, if TANMODEL are not producing other Flanker variants, whether the Su-33 clear parts might be available separately? Might turn the Trumpeter Su-27 pig's ear into something a bit nicer.

Equally excited about F-111A/E, and on the basis of the Su-33 CAD it may be the first decent Aardvark kit *ever*.

Tony

I swore I would only do another large scale Flanker if it was an Su-33 or Su-34 and out comes the wallet. I've always like the camouflage on the Sea Flanker and I wonder if the Russian Navy planes get as weathered as some of the US ones, with all the touchups

Look at Lindehill decalas he had some really worn paint schemes for su-27,33 and 35.

I have seen photos of some pretty worn and weathered paint schemes.

I'm going to see if we can stock TanModels kits at the shop where I work, bit of a long shot, but deffo worth looking into. Depending on how my finances look, I might get their 1/48th RF-84 as a quick oob build, partly because it looks fantastic and I love those '50s jets, but also so I can get a 'feel' for their models. Also, even though me purchasing on RF-84 kit probably makes no odds, I figure supporting them by buying their kits is a good thing :lol:!

I wonder, if TANMODEL are not producing other Flanker variants, whether the Su-33 clear parts might be available separately? Might turn the Trumpeter Su-27 pig's ear into something a bit nicer.

Equally excited about F-111A/E, and on the basis of the Su-33 CAD it may be the first decent Aardvark kit *ever*.

Tony

The Trumpy Su-27 other than its front windshield/canopy/pylons which got fixed by Zactoman about 10 years ago can be built into a cracking Su-27 Tony.

The two seaters are all very nice as well.

Tan models big question is if guys already own Trumpeter single seat Flankers (i wouldnt even contemplate a two seater) with Zacto canopies( or replacement 2 seater parts aquired from Trumpeter) would they be tempted to buy a new one which might have its own issues for very possibly way more money?

Ill be grabbing a couple of these if they shape up ok ( i already have 3 beautiful Kinetic 48th Sea Flankers a mannificent model) but the Trumpy single seaters downfall its poorly chaped windshield canopy is easily fixed and Tan may be on very thin ice if they have a go at the all new fuselage they need to do one.

Even if they get it right convincing guys to buy second copies of kits they already own with outstandingly accurate replacement parts they already own will be difficult at best.

Any errors in that notoriously difficult to capture nose/lex shape region that makes the Flanker so distinctive and they have a multihundred dollar lemon sutting on the shelves.

A 33 moving onto the 35/37 is a smart move stay in the clear air.

Bring on the 111's and SR-71...

Edited by Darren Howie

I have a pair of Trumpeter Flankers with Zactomodels inlets and a nose cone and was waiting for the canopy set, which is TY OOP, so have a vested interest in getting those parts.

But, yes, move from the Sea Flanker onto the F-111A/E (mine's an E) and I would deffo buy a 1/48 SR-71.

Very exciting times if the tooling gets done, and I have every confidence in that. The Sea Flanker will sell by the truckload and if the same level of attention goes into an Aardvark I'll be all over it.

For F-111C lovers, it's essentially (in pre AUP format cockpit) an F-111A with longer wings and FB-111A MLG wheel hubs.

Tony

The Trumpy Su-27 other than its front windshield/canopy/pylons which got fixed by Zactoman about 10 years ago can be built into a cracking Su-27 Tony.

The two seaters are all very nice as well.

Tan models big question is if guys already own Trumpeter single seat Flankers (i wouldnt even contemplate a two seater) with Zacto canopies( or replacement 2 seater parts aquired from Trumpeter) would they be tempted to buy a new one which might have its own issues for very possibly way more money?

Ill be grabbing a couple of these if they shape up ok ( i already have 3 beautiful Kinetic 48th Sea Flankers a mannificent model) but the Trumpy single seaters downfall its poorly chaped windshield canopy is easily fixed and Tan may be on very thin ice if they have a go at the all new fuselage they need to do one.

Even if they get it right convincing guys to buy second copies of kits they already own with outstandingly accurate replacement parts they already own will be difficult at best.

Any errors in that notoriously difficult to capture nose/lex shape region that makes the Flanker so distinctive and they have a multihundred dollar lemon sutting on the shelves.

A 33 moving onto the 35/37 is a smart move stay in the clear air.

Bring on the 111's and SR-71...

Here is my Trumpeter Flanker:

DSC_0027_zps56563121.jpg

Its is the worst kit I have ever built.

I threw everything at it, but even with all the Zacto updates, Pitz exhausts etc. there is hardly a square inch on the model that doesn't require updating (and I am not nearly as particular as some others on this forum). The worst part about it is that the kit is just very rough (deep & inconsistent panel lines, nothing is crisp) so even with huge amounts of work it will (at least in my hands) never look on par with even e.g. a straightforward nicely built Italeri Mirage III sitting next to it (I have seen exactly that scenario).

So bring on the Tanmodel Su-33! I would really like to build another Flanker but no way I will do the Trumpeter kit again.

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111