1/32 Su-33 from Tanmodel!!!!!!!

Tomcatfreak

The yellow zinc chromate colour.

The Chinese J-15 is reverse engineered from a Sea Flanker prototype bought from the Ukraine, so there are some differences with the Su-33, especially around where the canards meet the fuselage, and in the cockpit etc.

I would go for the Russian Navy scheme, or a new build Russian aircraft in the etch primer, as it would be tragic to change such a beautiful model, but maybe someone buying two might do that (?)

The quality of the design of this new model bodes really well for the RF/F-4E and F-111A/E. The Aardvark is one of my all-time favourites, and the Photo Phantom another.

Tony

The yellow zinc chromate colour.

The Chinese J-15 is reverse engineered from a Sea Flanker prototype bought from the Ukraine, so there are some differences with the Su-33, especially around where the canards meet the fuselage, and in the cockpit etc.

I would go for the Russian Navy scheme, or a new build Russian aircraft in the etch primer, as it would be tragic to change such a beautiful model, but maybe someone buying two might do that (?)

The quality of the design of this new model bodes really well for the RF/F-4E and F-111A/E. The Aardvark is one of my all-time favourites, and the Photo Phantom another.

Tony

One of my favorite colors on the Flanker for whatever reason

DSC03216.jpg

One of my favorite colors on the Flanker for whatever reason

DSC03216.jpg

Stonkingly good model Brian. The etch primer finishes are really cool. This is what I'll use to simulate hexavalent chromium...

http://mrpaint.sk/farby?product_id=146&limit=75

And this for the new non-toxic Deft 02GN084 aqua green primer used on F-35 etc...

http://mrpaint.sk/farby?product_id=269&limit=75

The Su-33 is one very big bird and is going to take a lot of paint. That's what appeals about the blue and blue-grey Russian navy finish.

Tony

This looks amazing! Not really my cup of tea, but can feel myself being tempted, just glad it's not an SU-34, I'd be on that in a heartbeat.

Personally, I am waaay more excited about the F-5, F-4 and F-111 models and, if the SU-33 is anything to go by, they are going to be stunning :D!