If Revells P-51 is a all new tooling I'm in

oyoy5

Guest Peterpools

I'm with John. Just can't see the need for another P-51D with Tamiya leading the group and then ZM. I'll pass.

Peter

I'll bite if Revell omit any plastic stand and put it in a box similar in size and price to the pre Wurger singles.

TBH the Tamiya kits are overly complex for my taste so Revell appeals a lot.

Will be buying the Me 262 B-1 sometime soon and will certainly investigate the Uhu A-0 and Super Hornet E too. I'm very intrigued at how the Uhu might differ from the earlier A-5/7 incarnation.

Tony

edited to add "in"

Edited by Tony T

Guest Peterpools

Tony

Why would you say that about Tamiya's Mustang? I've built four Tamiya Mustangs and all of their kits since the Spitfire and can only agree that the Mossie is somewhat overly detailed but with care builds up wonderfully.

Peter

OH sure jen, "hot air" from the gas passer! I think the salient point here is accuracy and price point. Personally, for the cost of the Tamiya D, I'd sooner get a WNW kit. IF RoG hits one for 30US, i'll get one of those.

rather see a B, with Malcolm hood.

As always though, we'll each buy as we see fit, but let's not squabble over it. We can always fight over the not yet released Hs-129, or Ki-45....

In my opinion the one thing Revell excel in is value for money.

There are modellers who love the uber kits like Z-M and Tamiya etc, and are prepared to pay the associated prices to get them and those on much more restricted budgets find the type of kits Revell produce ideal for their needs! 

I have two friends who meet this criteria, not wealthy, but prepared to spend some of their modest free cash on something like a Revell kit that gives them some great detail at an affordable price.

Super accuracy is not on their agenda, but they love making the models and producing something that looks good to them on the shelf.  

I wonder how many hobbyists out there fit this bill?

Revell know their market well, and as far as I can see, seem to be making enough money out of this policy to more than just succeed in the hobby!

Yes, sometimes we do wonder at some decisions from companies but they are providing us with new LSP's, and for that we should at least be grateful in these tougher times. Well done Revell!

Edited by Royboy

Personally don't understand the reasoning behind a "D"....Now a "B" would have been a home run...now carrying the baseball analogies,just finished going over and checking my "new" Revell Spitfire and I gotta tell ya.

It really is a swing and a miss.  So much needs correcting,far too much actually and really hope they don't have the same techs working on the Mustang.   We'll have to wait and see .

I surely understand that their will be people who are exiting about the new Revell P-51D release. After all, if it's the same quality like their previous 1/32 releases and at the same price-quality range, then their will be lot's of interests. 

For me (and i speak for myself ) it's again another 'D model, so i'm not interested. If it where a 'B model, i would be.

Same go's for the other Revell releases, totally un-interesting subject's, so again, for me, it's a no go. But again, their will be modelers who are happy that these kit's will come out, and that's a good thing.

You can argue, you can talk about it..............we, should be glad that their are lot's of 1/32 subjects in the pipe-pines in all price ranges, and that's the most important aspect of the whole industry.

Greetz

Danny

Guest Airfixer

P-51Ds for the masses. Period.

Although the reputed "connoisseur" may favour a "B", I daresay the "D" is by far THE most popular and most "famous" variant of the P-51.

RoG's rationale is rather simple: An extremely popular subject at a highly reasonable price, reasonably accurate for the ignoramuses, not overstraining the skills of both beginners and intermediate modellers. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Edited by Airfixer

We've had this exact same conversation at least six times in the past couple of years.  Some people think it's a great idea.  Some people think it's a dumb idea.  

Bottom line: if you like it, buy it.  If not, don't.  

On to other subject matter please!!

That's what I meant.  Exact same conversation, whether it's a P-51, Fw190, Bf109, or whatever.  

Hot.  Air.

Stop whining and start a new thread Jennings. You can ignore this one if it irritates.

Post break-down, and I'm stuck in a bad groove in that regard, Revell offer the right level of complexity for me - with their new instructions, that is. Vast improvement there. So I'm glad to see anything by them. The blue and tellow Revell logo has stayed largely the same since my childhood, which gives a warm place to go. Good psychology.

I will investigate the differences between the Uhu A-0 and A-5/7 marks. Am curious as to what Revell might change, but it may be worth having for the new style instructions alone.

Tony