From Mirage to the American kfir . end of the story ..Dec 24

alain11

Is that some insider knowledge Andy, or are you just putting forth a "best-guess"?

It's been officially announced https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/K3210 should get you all the way to the version you want to do, I think... 

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=55027

Edited by Kagemusha

Hi

thank you all for your encouragements , that's great !!!! As Nicolas said , i chose the hard way , but I can't do otherwise ......for now @  E Gallier : you show us the way through your build , what can I do better ???  
well today , the engraving of the wings : it's the same work , nothing special to say , be patient .... I have engraved to much panels on the upper wing , I have to fill and sand them ( wrong drawing)a110.jpg

Isracast provide the wheel bays , they are nicely cast , these parts bring a real upgrade to the Revell part because this area is flat as a desert . But , more improvements "must" be done : wires, tubes, etc must be added , as the main door actuator too.... the Revell bays have been removed .  the good location of the resin part  on the wing is rather ......random .....will see  

a310.jpg

a210.jpg

a410.jpg

the navigation lights are cut into clear plastic card . PE part is provided for the upper wing light .. nice !!!  

a510.jpg

a610.jpg

here is the elevon actuator fairing ...... greeeat ... the outer resin pylon/ fairing   is far better    

a710.jpg

a810.jpg

here are the half wings glued together  ....a910.jpg let's care now to the most boring step .....the fuselage ..... thank you for your interest
to be continued
Alain 

Hi

Wings and bays look fantastic, Alain. I don't see how the fuselage could possibly be "boring", especially with this kind of treatment!

:popcorn:

John

Hi 

engraving this fuselage is boring , time consuming etc......, I should need 3 hands , one to hold the fuselage firmly , a second one the rule , and a third one the engraving knife ......a bit of work is to come ........thank you mate  :)

Alain   

Great start on a great project!

I did the same thing a few years back. I had to scratch everything, didn't have the conversation set. Quite a fulfilling project, biggest challenge for me was the markings. Had to cobble decals from many sources.

When the new kit comes out I think I will build another. First one got trashed when I moved a few years back.

Anyway I will watch this build with interest.

Dan

Great start on a great project!

I did the same thing a few years back. I had to scratch everything, didn't have the conversation set. Quite a fulfilling project, biggest challenge for me was the markings. Had to cobble decals from many sources.

When the new kit comes out I think I will build another. First one got trashed when I moved a few years back.

Anyway I will watch this build with interest.

Dan

Hi Dan

This won't come true without the isracast set , I am not enough skillful to scratch built everything  as you did , it's a loooong term project , and thanks to this set , I hope I will manage it....Thank you for watching 

Looks great Alain, the scribing is very neat and the wiring work in the bays is great too. Well done!

Jim

hi 

Thank you Jim I try to do my best , even if it's not perfect 

Did the American Kfirs have the dogtooth wing?

Hi

Danny it's not really the dogtooth as we can see on Kfir C2/7 , The F21 version was the early version of the Kfir , a C1 . If you refer to the ATAC  AC , this kfir is a C2 , it's easy to compare  the two versions in a glimpse  : dogtooth on the wing , and long "canard"control surfaces on the air intakes  ...hope I have been understood thank you for watching mate 
Alain

ATAC kfir C2
3297488048.jpg

.F21 "Lion"49-1.jpg

Edited by alain11

I've seen in a modelling magazin images of a danish modeller holding Revells S-100 fast attack ship during construction with his feet... Just saying.

What's your tool and trick for rivetting? And how do you fill misfitted rivet holes?

I've tried Trumpies rivetting wheel, Radubs "punch", needles in a grip, small drills; for alignment tape, templates, rulers, pencil lines, any kind of stuff;

but my rivet lines still crisscrossing allaround and showing uneven rivet spacing too...

Regards

- dutik