From Mirage to the American kfir . end of the story ..Dec 24

alain11

hi 

an other little step forward ; the ejection seat ...... the seat provided by Isracast is really not  so good , the belt layout looks like something that has been "chewed" we can't determine what is what ...... I replaced it by the AMS seat which is hundred times better , but ......is 1,5 mm wider ... I removed a little bit of resin on each side , to enable it to fit into the cockpit

s110.jpg  

into the cockpit , I just added the handles on top of the seat 

s310.jpg

once painted 

s410.jpg

to be continued 

Alain

Great job! Just one question - the Aires nozzle looks a tad small in diameter. Is the Isracast nozzle bigger in diameter?

Hi 

you are right , the Aires nozzle is ....0,7 mm smaller than the isracast one , not very significant .....the nozzle looks undersized , and "lost" inside the fuselage , this picture shows us how things are on the real thing ....thank you for watching

0619250.jpg

The Isracast seat casting is totally soft, painting it must be a real PITA.... The AMS is 1000% better.

And the paint job did it justice !

hi Nicolas 

as we say in French " y a pas photo!!!!" or something likes : " no contest!!!!!"

Alain

Edited by alain11

Merci Alain! The problem is that (almost?) all aftermarket manufactureres got the J-79 nozzles too small in diameter. Why? Because the nozzles in Tamiya's Phantom kit are too small. What a shame... I'll keep watching - youÄre doing a great job and as already mentioned, I have the same project on my 'to do' list!  :)

Hi

I didn't find the exact size of the J 79 nozzle , it seems it's about 0,99m ,which is almost 3,1cm in the 1/32 scale . The Aires nozzle is 2,85 cm ...... 
I know what you are able to do , this build will be " a walk in the parc " for you 
Alain

There is also the Eduard brassin set for the late Italeri Starfighter G's which would be ok for the Kfir. I have not measured it, though. The good point is that it's sold as a single engine, so no need to pay for 2 engines when only one is needed.

Edited by Zero77

There is also the Eduard brassin set for the late Italeri Starfighter G's which would be ok for the Kfir. I have not measured it, though. The good point is that it's sold as a single engine, so no need to pay for 2 engines when only one is needed.

it's good to know , I'll take a look at this set 

There is only the turkey feathers and inner actuators, though, no burner can is supplied

hi

I took a look at your F 104 , and saw you used it . the inner details are "crispy" .... ,the  Aires outer details are nicer ..aren't they?

Alain