From Mirage to the American kfir . end of the story ..Dec 24

alain11

Hi 

thank you guys :thumbsup: ....to day , it's just a little step forward , this will enclose the  work on the fuselage ......for now . Well , let's take care to the new bottom rear end fuselage , in one word .......the rump ........ The resin part is not so bad , even if I don't like it's color , some  panels are " coarsely" ......engrave , but  it's only minor detailsf1810.jpg

here is the part that must be cut off . the instruction sheet doesn't show us what / where to cut , so I will make that I call a " narrow" cut : I mean: I will leave enough plastic , for a closer  adjustment once the fuselage will be glue    :hmmm:

f1710.jpg

:doh: too late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f1910.jpg

something else : the front wheel bay .considering the few pictures available , it seems that it looks good , it's a real mess inside !!!! 

f19bis10.jpg

I didn't find a nice color picture of this area , I know it's white , but I would like to know more ......too bad , this is pure improvisation .....here again the same " yellowish " color as inside of the main bays ( Yuma desert dust)   :mental:

f19ter10.jpg

next step , the cockpit .........thank you for your interest 

Alain

Edited by alain11

Guest Peterpools

Alain

Some very nice progress on the Kfir conversion. I'm just amazed at time with AM parts as the instructions are either a store house of information or close to worthless. I've got my fingers crossed.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

hi

Nicolas ,you can still find these sets , but you have to break your money  bank  

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiVnvD3rbjJAhUGhw8KHf4OA6oQFghWMAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsandlehobbies.com%2Fcategory.aspx%3FID%3D4992&usg=AFQjCNHVWrBQUwjafRQjz3x6TsMD3QTdPQ

a few words about the instruction sheet : the good points :Isracast provide several close pictures of the main gear legs , as the front one ,the IP , and the seat  . these pictures are from preserved Israeli kfir , and are taken at different angles from the " walk around " find here and there .the bad point : all in black and white..... now about the instructions them self , the pictures are in black/ white ( again), and are not so good , some areas are not "clear" in term of "how to do"... it's my own feeling

Alain

Edited by alain11

hi

First , thank you for your comments and for watching .....a bigger step forward ... the cockpit . all the components are here , rather nicely cast , even if some , details are not " sharp"  . the parts. we shall see the IP , and the seat later 

f19ter11.jpg

the cockpit is painted medium grey , the rear bulkhead black . I just added or replaced wires according to pictures , I also added some placards , and two yellow handles . I think I should have to erase these silver dots on the rear bulkhead . Well , according to the pictures , that looks enough busy

f19tre10.jpg 

well , after some plastic scratching  here , cutting resin there , and several dry fits , the "tube" seems to fit into the half fuselage .

f19tre11.jpg

the IP : according to the picture provided by Isracast , it looks conform to the real thing . the "head up" display is a separated piece 

f19tre12.jpg

f19tre13.jpg

dials and gauges are decals , you just have to paint .. easy!!!!!

f19tre14.jpg

next to come

next.......the fuselage is glue , some remaining panels are engraved , some stuffs added ... below , and back

f2010.jpg

f2110.jpg

phew!!! I am lucky , everything works well , I heard this little noise as a clack when you put together the two halves ,  that mean: it's okay man !!!

f21bis10.jpg

The wind screen is glued ,as the clock and the compass on the frame 

f2910.jpg

even the front bay goes well !!!!!! lucky I am

f21ter10.jpg

to be continued , thank you for your interest 

Alain

Edited by alain11

hi 

thank you gents , it's a lot appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have some tricky works on the fuselage , the best is coming 

To see this beautiful work,i will not get rid my Revell Mirage despite the release of the Italerei IIIc.

you are right , keep you Revell kit , when we see the prohibited prices of this kit on the Bay .....sometime crazy !!!!!!

the Italieri IIIc is a different version from the Revell kit , which is an E 

Alain

hi

so ,  the fuselage is closed , now comes a major step : the rump"transplantation "Okay : surgeon mask on the nose , scalpel , and CA glue in hands , let's go !!!! 

I have two options . First glue the new rear end fuselage ...humm, That seems too tricky .. I think .... or , glue the new rear end ring resin part  . I think that will better work , this option will give me the good  cylindrical  shape of the fuselage , despite the fact that the lower part is missing ( not easy to explain )  :hmmm: .Is it Okay ???well , I glue edge to edge the ring to the fuselage , as close as possible  to avoid future long sanding session .. and yes ,it works ,only a little sanding is needed f2210.jpg

here is how the part fits .. not bad at all !! yes of course , it's not Lego build , but nothing "catastrophic" , that's part of the play . gaps are filled with CA glue , and joints are sanding   too 

f2310.jpg

f2410.jpg

a bit of putty is needed one this corner ....that's all

f2510.jpg

okay , everything is in place , that looks good . I added some little stuffs ( in white) , details found in walk around pictures . the bomb bay camera  window is done . I leave this bay empty , I didn't find  pictures showing the  inside ... let's supposed that the camera had been withdrawn , cause useless     :innocent:

f2610.jpg

a little spray just to check if it's okay , some touch ups are needed.....to be continued 

f2710.jpg

Edited by alain11