From Mirage to the American kfir . end of the story ..Dec 24

alain11

hi

Well , I am here for my second WIP here , I am not really comfortable with this kind of exercise , writing , describing things, trying to be clear , and not ridiculous , all this in a language that it's not your , but let's go , things itch me a little bit , particularly these mirage thread  builds ... As the title say , I will not start the WIP of the new Italieri kit , E gallier , and Dutik do this better than I would do , I will try to convert the old but lonely Revell Mirage  kit onto the  Kfir "a l'Américaine" as French say .All this , of course with the help of the Isracast conversion . nice complete conversion ,. You can find a review here .

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCvI60kqrJAhWG1hQKHWcDAdsQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.largescaleplanes.com%2Freviews%2Freview.php%3Frid%3D51&usg=AFQjCNE1RbNySDKjqJEHdFXwQHCp96IjKQ&bvm=bv.108194040,d.ZWU

I will start from this

a10.jpg

to get this ( I hope) at the end 

abis10.jpg

Well everybody already know the revell kit , its only worth  is to exist , except the frame , and the wings , everything can be thrown away . first thing is to engrave the whole kit , and the kfir have a particular layout of panels different from the mirage . I like to start a build by something easy , the tail fin for example : the actuator cylinder fairing is redone , the navigation lights one the leading edge , and on the top of the fin are cut into transparent plastic , some riveting for the fun ....and of course the resin part that gives her particularity to  the Israeli  Mirage .....a few pictures ...enjoy , or not . Thank you for your interest

to be continued

Alain

d110.jpg

d210.jpg

d310.jpg

d410.jpg

Edited by alain11

Wow! An ambitious project, but you're already off to a great start. The scribing and rivet work is amazing! As Zero77 said, better than most kits!

Don't be afraid to post a lot of updates. Your English has always been great and you may even find it to be fun. I think it kind of helps me sort out my process, in my own mind, if I'm outlining it for other people, as well. Not to mention all the motivation, encouragement and great ideas I get along the way, from you and many others.

Rock on and take no prisoners, Alain! :punk:

John

If it rains Mirages, it pours Mirages :thumbsup:

Good luck with the build! Your engraving skills are superior :speak_cool:

Check the Isracast resin parts for flaws. The IP/front part in the cockpit of my Dagger conversion had some flaws. The IP has also very shallow details, so I rebuild mine. The seat rails are of different depth. Check this to avoid misalignment of the seat to the rear bulkhead. The large parts look ok.

Regards

- dutik

Great start Alain!

I am watching with interest.

As the title say , I will not start the WIP of the new Italieri kit , E gallier , and Dutik do this better than I would do , I will try to convert the old but lonely Revell Mirage  kit onto the  Kfir "a l'Américaine" as French say

I don''t know why you would say that mate, as this build of yours: http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1829is still one of the best Mirages in 1/32 that I have ever seen!

Eric.

Edited by ericg

This is great!  Im not a huge Mirage fan in any way, but for whatever reason really like the aggressor looking F-21!      So that does bring me to my next question which may have already been answered above...........

Id really like an ATAC F-21..................Can you make an F-21 from the new Italiari kit?   If so, is it just the canards, or is there more?   Stupid questions I know, but I know 0 about the Mirage.

Edited by Out2gtcha

This is great!  Im not a huge Mirage fan in any way, but for whatever reason really like the aggressor looking F-21!      So that does bring me to my next question which may have already been answered above...........

Id really like an ATAC F-21..................Can you make an F-21 from the new Italiari kit?   If so, is it just the canards, or is there more?   Stupid questions I know, but I know 0 about the Mirage.

No, the fuselage length is different, there was an extension behind the cockpit on the post C Mirages, best wait for the Kinetic Kfir.

No, the fuselage length is different, there was an extension behind the cockpit on the post C Mirages,

Thanks Andy, thats kinda what I was thinking..............

best wait for the Kinetic Kfir.

Is that some insider knowledge Andy, or are you just putting forth a "best-guess"?