Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

I probably overstated my amusement at how far the thread had gone, and I apologize for that. The assumptions that I made about Tamiya were only my own, not given by any other source.

My bet still stands on the P-47 for the next kit and new tool (both), no matter what else I might wish for... because it really is about what Mr. Tamiya wants, isn't it? A P-38 would not surprise me, but whatever it is, if they build it, most of us will buy it.

Have fun with this. It's just like the yearly WNW speculation and it does give us a lot of amusement.

Tnarg

Indeed. All speculation as we all know Tamiya-san will do exactly as he chooses.    I too will buy ANY new tool 32nd kit Tamiya comes out with because they are THE best kits on the market, if you consider detail, quality, fit, finish, buildability, accuracy, and schemes.

A P-38 would be nice, but I still say it will be a 32nd razorback.   Ill buy it no matter what it is next however.

Have fun with this. It's just like the yearly WNW speculation and it does give us a lot of amusement.

Tnarg

It's rather odd that no one has started such a speculation thread here. I may well just take care of that situation, forthwith!

We could use a good J37 Viggen or J35 Drakken in 1/32

I'd build many Draken variants if there existed a 1/32 IM styrene kit. The J.35's an outsider for Revell, or maybe Tarangus if they get more brave.

Deffo not Tamiya territory, but the crawler launch pad, Saturn V - and the assembly building of course - is absolutely in the mind of Mr Tamiya (in a parallel universe), along with the 1/32 model of the USS Nimitz with working nuclear reactors to operate the beer fridge.

Tony

My guess is that it will be a very common WW2 airplane. One that is popular with model builders. Tamiya is dedicated to issuing models of the highest quality. They invest a great deal of time and effort and money in research, mold-making and production of their models.  They will not risk all that on a plane that will not sell.

So list all the models that they have issued in 1/32 scale, and then compare that to a list of all the most produced aircraft of WW2 and you will have a smaller list of possible choices. I am sure it will be one of them. 

Also Tamiya is not concerned that a 1/32 kit or two of this same plane is currently one the market. They know that their kits will be head and shoulders above the rest so they will make money.

OK, you have your assignment, go to it.

Stephen