Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

My guess is that it will be a very common WW2 airplane. One that is popular with model builders. Tamiya is dedicated to issuing models of the highest quality. They invest a great deal of time and effort and money in research, mold-making and production of their models.  They will not risk all that on a plane that will not sell.

So list all the models that they have issued in 1/32 scale, and then compare that to a list of all the most produced aircraft of WW2 and you will have a smaller list of possible choices. I am sure it will be one of them. 

Also Tamiya is not concerned that a 1/32 kit or two of this same plane is currently one the market. They ...know that their kits will be head and shoulders above the rest so they will make money.

OK, you have your assignment, go to it.

Stephen

That's my thinking on Tamiya's releases as well Stephen.....Remember when they started the series..Tamiya called it " Famous Fighters Series" and still do. 

Edited by williamj

My bet is either on an Me 262 or P-47. Both already exist in Tamiya's 1/48 catalog, both have tons of scheme options, both would sell gangbusters. Both are iconic.

And both already exist in modern, accurate 1/32 kits.

D

D

Not to argumentative ...but...32ND Mustangs and Spitfires were out there as well,but Tamiya didn't care..and the reason is ...they out sell the competition by a wide and profitable margin.

because what they offer up is whipped cream with a cherry on top for competition...And as far as the price..Ya gets what you pay for with Tamiya,not so much with others.I bought a ZM and Dragon Mustang

And sold both,filled the gap later with two incredible Tam.Mustangs. Perfect? no..but a lot closer than educated guess. 

Not to argumentative ...but...32ND Mustangs and Spitfires were out there as well,but Tamiya didn't care..

No accurate, modern P-51D kits or Spitfire Mk.VIII, Mk.IX or Mk.XVI kits existed prior to Tamiya announcing theirs.

The ZM P-51D came close, but was announced & released at about the same time as the Tamiya kit.

Whether or not Tamiya cares is, frankly, irrelevant. My point (although apparently not as obvious as I thought it was) is that it would be a shame if they missed the opportunity to produce a kit of something iconic we do not have a nice kit of, and instead produce a kit of something that we already have nice kits of - such as the P-47s or Me 262s mentioned previously.

D

D

Neither Hasegawa or Trumpeter's Jugs are as good as Tamiya's 1/48 kits.

The Trumpy 262 is pretty good, but if Tamiya has to do a Luftwaffe kit I imagine that'll be the one...and they'll manage far better engine and gun door fit.

Neither Hasegawa or Trumpeter's Jugs are as good as Tamiya's 1/48 kits.

The Trumpy 262 is pretty good, but if Tamiya has to do a Luftwaffe kit I imagine that'll be the one...and they'll manage far better engine and gun door fit.

I would like to see a 262 as well..  Tamiya has a good line of LS jets out there,F15,F16,Phantom,F-14,,they weren't ever in the famous fighters line up though..seems to me to be reserved for WWII props exclusively.could be wrong and hope I am, as a nice 262,Meteor,or dare we say an F-86.. Mig 15 would be cheered loudly.   They never let out any secrets,which is part of the mystique surrounding the company,always thought that was a bit cool of Tam. to do. 

If Tamiya does do a '262, I certainly hope that they provide the open slat option so glaringly absent in their smaller kit. ;)

I've read about those fit issues others have had on their Trumpeter Me 262 builds, but didn't experience those problems with mine. :hmmm:

D

If Tamiya does do a '262, I certainly hope that they provide the open slat option so glaringly absent in their smaller kit. ;)

I've read about those fit issues others have had on their Trumpeter Me 262 builds, but didn't experience those problems with mine. :hmmm:

D

Mine wasn't bad either, but I could definitely see the room for improvement as I was building it up. Not as much as I could with their P-47, though.

I predict it will be in light grey and clear plastic and will have wings.

There are lots of shape options. I still say Hellcat or P-47 but am beginning to open that up to Fw 190 as well - after all, Tamiya do what Tamiya wish to do and the vibes suggest they may want to be a little playful now that Revell have warmed up the crowd with its recent offering and Z-M have been marketing the Wurger in advance of any hardware.

It's just the kind of perverse thing that might happen in 2017 - an orgy of Fw 190s.

Well, that'll save me some money to fund the HKM Spey Toom extravaganza.

Tony