is it windy yet?

Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

I'm thinking of a gentleman's bet thread for the next Tamiya 1:32 kit. Just list your choice for the next kit, and the next total new tool kit. Please no explanations, market predictions, rationale. Just what will kit # 30327 be, and the next total new tool.

Kits where most of the tooling is present like a F-16D, or an updated F-4, F-15, Mosquito, F-6 Mustang, or type 32 Zero. Would count as a next release.

While kits like a P-51B, Typhoon, Dr. 1 would count as a new tooling.

If this catches on maybe the moderators could pin the topic for future reference and bragging rights.

Ron

Guest Clunkmeister

Brian, if they're thinking about tamiya SOMETIME doing a P-47, then I better hurry and finish my Rutman razorback, (for the good of the forum), because the moment I post a new "Ready for Inspection" thread, Tamiya will announce the kit.

I'm thinking of a gentleman's bet thread for the next Tamiya 1:32 kit. Just list your choice for the next kit, and the next total new tool kit. Please no explanations, market predictions, rationale. Just what will kit # 30327 be, and the next total new tool.

Kits where most of the tooling is present like a F-16D, or an updated F-4, F-15, Mosquito, F-6 Mustang, or type 32 Zero. Would count as a next release.

While kits like a P-51B, Typhoon, Dr. 1 would count as a new tooling.

If this catches on maybe the moderators could pin the topic for future reference and bragging rights.

Ron

It is going to be a F6F hellcat !!!

I would have to agree with Brian on the P-47 (hopefully the Razorback, which would make the most sense, but I don't think people would mind if they followed with a bubbletop, either).

I was thinking the same John.   If in typical Tamiya fashion, as with previous releases, they release the least known/popular version ( in this case the razorback) then the more popular the bubbletop.    Im with you though as personally, I really want a nice razorback as Ive had the Trumpy version and sold it the very next week after buying it (weird shape to the fuselage forward of the windscreen and a super weird horse-collar shaped cowl opening).

I don't get why the commercial model doesn't say early P51B/C - I would have thought there are plenty of re-use from the bubbletops and they would sell truckloads for lower investment..

mind you, I don't know the airframes very well so there may be so much difference between them I am talking cobblers again :)

Peter

Guest Clunkmeister

Cessna 172?

They MIGHT sell 10. 

Worldwide.

Edited by Clunkmeister