Italeri Mirage IIICZ SAAF, FINISHED!!

ericg

Thanks Peter.

Yes, I initially thought about challenging them over the cost of the replacement part but as I said, it was quicker just to pay it and get on with it. There is a fair bit of emailing/ordering online to get a replacement part from Italeri, so the thought of having to do it again inspired me to fix the issue and move on than hang around. The upside is that fixing it has given me another skill to add to my list, so its not all bad. Alot of people shy away from messing with clear parts but I like fixing stuff like this.

Eric.

HI 

you are not alone to experiment this kind of trouble , I already know two guys who got the same ..... I still think that this kit is not as great as one could expect. too much issues here and there ...nice fixing anyway 

Alain

Hi Alain,

Are you saying you know two other guys that have had issues with the clear parts?

Eric.

There isn't even a speed brake well in the kit. The brakes just open into the empty wing and when both are open, you can see right through the wing. I'm not sure that's right.

Hi Dave, Eric & the rest,

A completely look-through airbrake well isn't correct.

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Sorry to reply to such an "old" posting but I hope it can be of some help.

Here is a link which will show you what is in the bottom speed brake well. I have yet to come across a photo of the upper speed brake well.

http://www.blitz72.com/2013/02/reference-mirage-iii-mirage-v-speed-brake-well-details/

Cheers,

Tom

Okay, I should learn to read the whole thread before starting to reply... :doh:

Ouch! Looks like a new Monthy Python episode...

The whole new release of Italeris Mirage, if you count in my miscast intake parts.

Glad to see that you were able to overcome this. Fixing clear parts is close to Black magic from my point of view. For myself I never had the skill or luck to do this successfully.

Go ahead!

- dutik

Nice work on the windshield!

In fact the packaging is not very smart.

In the box,the clear sprue is set on the cardboard plug, thus placing the sprue just under the top cover of the box.

So the parts are very exposed...

Karim had exactly the same issue ... One is a mishap, two a suspicious coincidence , three or more is a QC and packaging problem from the manufacturer' s part ...

Hubert

PS : :doh: forgot to comment on the great and ingenious (as usual with you) save, Eric. :goodjob:

Edited by MostlyRacers

Wow....Iooking good!

I'm tempted about the instruments.  What about for the other variants in the kit?  Since I'm likely to build another.

The Israeli and French, for example--same IP or something else?

Sheesh! :frantic:

Tim W.