What about a poll asking which Mossie folks will buy?

Bill Cross

Which Mossie Kit Do You Plan on Buying?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mosquito Kit Do You Plan on Purchasing?

Strictly based or manufacturing experience and demonstrated ability to produce a high quality, well engineered and detailed model...there is only one clear choice IMHO!

Barry

... Yes of course!! ... The HK Models Mk.IV ...

Both. I like to support brave producers who put their money, time, effort and passion where it matters.

Tim

... I am, however, a little biased toward a FB variant ... so therefore, to be fair, I'll get both.

I do wish Tamiya had been nice enough to include underwing rocket ordinance along with appropriate markings ... a ridiculous omission IMO.

Rog :)

Bought both, but I'll probably do the Tamiya first. By the time that gets done, Tamiya will have their B out and then decide whether to build the HK kit, or buy the Tamiya kit.

I agree that Tamiya probably won't do the two stage Merlin versions, so if HK does, I'll definitely get that one too.

Made my call already. I am not a big fan of camoed aircrafts, and on that criterion alone would have bought none of the two, but the sleek lines of the glass-nosed non-bulged bomb-bay recce version are just plain irresistible. Plus I found a scheme that is not too war-like ...

So HK Mk IV for me ... and my only 1/32 Mossie kit.

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

I don't agree with a poll,  Why would/should this be a face off?  they are two different subjects really, both with followers that are really looking forward to getting them.  Let's enjoy having both kits released. This is not a contest.

I'll be getting both. I already have the Tamiya release as it excites me more, but only due to subject matter and personal connection to it. HK will be in the stash ASAP as soon as the LHS has inventory.

RP

Got em both,

I applaud HK for their innovative technology regarding the slide molding. And of Course Tamiya with a well researched subject. I do wonder why Tamiya did not offer the HVAR  rockets, or laser cut masks rather than masks that have to be cut out.

Well, 2 for me, both Tamiya, and both FB's :) I need one for my 418 RCAF Squadron decal sheet by Aviaeology, and one for my 404 RCAF Squadron decal sheet by Aviaeology :) Pretty simple really. The difficult decision will be which aircraft from the sheets ;)

Cheerio

Brad

Have bought the Tamiya FB.VI. And will buy another Tamiya if they put out a bullnose NF.XVII/XIX.

Will buy an HKM if they put out a PR.XVI.

Now searching to see if it's possible to have round vinyl tyres cast - the real disappoint for me was plastic flatties in both kits. Vinyl tyres compress realistically under the weight of the model, and are round when you want them displayed dangling.

God forbid if they start making kits with props that can't turn.

Tony

Neither. To expensive and I still have the Revell one in the pile.

I'n not the type in need of super-detailed kits.To much small bits to work with.

For me it's the "overall look " that counts.

I agree.

I have a couple Revell Mossies already. Why would I need another?

I have more than one of the Revell Mossies. It looks like a Mossie from 3 feet away and that is good enuf for me.

Hows about a Val, or a Kate, or the Devastator or the Do-17 or the A-20 or the B-26 Marauder or the Baltimore, or the SM.79? or the Betty? etc etc etc?

Sorry, but you asked and this is my response.

Stephen

Have bought the Tamiya FB.VI. And will buy another Tamiya if they put out a bullnose NF.XVII/XIX.

Will buy an HKM if they put out a PR.XVI.

Now searching to see if it's possible to have round vinyl tyres cast - the real disappoint for me was plastic flatties in both kits. Vinyl tyres compress realistically under the weight of the model, and are round when you want them displayed dangling.

God forbid if they start making kits with props that can't turn.

Tony

If the aircraft is to hang from the ceiling as if in flight, why not have the gear retracted? This would be a simplistic and realistic way to solve the problem.

As to the Mosquito, my selection would be real, real simple;... the Tamiya FB Mk VI, as I have no interest in the bomber version whatsoever, regardless of who makes it.

I'm split on many types like this,... love the Typhoon, have no interest at all in the Tempest. Just a personal thing with me.