What about a poll asking which Mossie folks will buy?

Bill Cross

Which Mossie Kit Do You Plan on Buying?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mosquito Kit Do You Plan on Purchasing?

If the aircraft is to hang from the ceiling as if in flight, why not have the gear retracted? This would be a simplistic and realistic way to solve the problem.

Agreed. I have been doing that for years.

You can also use a clear disk in place of the propeller and paint in the movement of the blades. It can take a lot of experimenting to get what you want but it is possible.

Everyone has their own idea of how to make a model, how it should be displayed and what it should look like.when on display.

No one is wrong, by the way. This is a hobby and all methods are correct for the  modelers and their needs.

I am just commenting on the possible variations.

Enjoy,

Stephen

I personally find that the LG adds a lot of character, so will build my Mossies as shelf-sitters. What I like most is the option to change display mode.

Have long been advocating kits including both flattened and round plastic tyres, plus compressed and uncompressed oleos or shocks.

Tony

Personally, I want to do a thimble/ bull nose night-fighter- MK XVII, XVIX, or XXX.  I doubt if either manufacturer will do these, and will have to rely on some scratch-building and use of aftermarket when available.  If so, the Revell might not be so bad as a starting point- yes it's not as detailed but less expensive.

Me too.

I want a bullnose NF.XIX (or 30), and expect it'll likely be necessary to get some resin AM to mod the Tamiya FB.VI: new nose and radar set for the cockpit. However, Tamiya did do the bullnose XVII/XIX as a 1/48 release so there's hope.

The Revell's only good as a basis for the four-bladed, extended wingtip, thimble nose, v-windscreen NF.XV which was a fairly obscure, short-lived special high-altitude variant.

Tony

Guest Peterpools

Kev

I guess I'm too old to take a typing course ... pretty easy to see, typing isn't my strong point and spelling at times.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

A fun question indeed.  I will eventually buy both kits. I need to buy the Me-410 kit and a few of the WNW kits before they go OOP.  And...  I feel inclined to finish my Revell kit conversion to USAAF PR 2 stage Merlins.  The donor kit has been converted using paragaon resin all over and much completed.  It is tempting to pick up one of the new kits to use as a reference for the landing bay and gear.  The most blanky area of the Revell kit after the application of all that (2 pounds of) resin.

Rick

I guess the answers from the mods is "no." :(

Actually, as far as I know, the mods don't need to approve of a poll being created, as such. We don't necessarily want polls all over the place, but the infrequent ones from time to time can be sort of interesting, though this thread is already serving that purpose it seems.

The one advantage to a straight poll however, is the avoidance of the inevitable "but I'd really prefer this instead", though you'll get those responses in the thread, regardless.