What about a poll asking which Mossie folks will buy?

Bill Cross

Which Mossie Kit Do You Plan on Buying?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mosquito Kit Do You Plan on Purchasing?

I will get the HK model myself, at least for now. Partially because I like the glass nose version. Partially because I want to support HK. Not that I don't want to support Tamiya but I've built a ton of their models over the years. They are well established company that makes excellent models. HK is new and needs support to continue. I've build their glass nose B-25J and it was an incredible kit! I have the strafer in the stash and plan on getting the gun nose as well.

But I am *really* hoping they come out with a Martin B-26! ;)

-Ro

Tamiya for me.

I'm reducing my stash overall because it's completely out of hand so I've got some tough decisions to make.  One of them is to NOT try to own every variant of every aircraft I'm interested in. 

I love the Mosquito but I don't have to own it in more than one of it's incarnations, so I'll go with Tamiya because I love how they engineer their kits.

John

Tamiya for me. I have no interest in glass nose bomber version. If 2 stage versions come out then I'll get that too regardless of it being HK or Tamiya, as well as the nightfighter versions. If resin conversions come out for them in the meantime then I'll probably blow my money on that too.

I have looked at both versions on line in detail now (reviews and photo close up photos) and I just like the Tamiya kit better, as a result that is the one I will buy when I build one.  I make no secret of being biased towards Tamiya and the HK kit looks really nice but I like the detail and the options in the Tamiya kit.  I know many don't like them, but I really like the removable engine cowlings and have had good luck with them on my builds.  It also looks to me like in either kit since there is the internal framing under the canopy, that the canopy could be left unglued and removable which would be really nice.  It should permit a better view of the cockpit after the fact.  When I build one that is the way I will try to go if it is feasible.

Guest Peterpools

I'm in for the Tamiya kit and most likely down the road if the bug is still biting, will spring for the HK kit

Peter

I've already got the Tamiya Mossies coming.....

that being said to the point of why build the new HK Mossies or Tam Mossie when I have TWO Revell Mossies in the stash?

VERY simple........I have minimal time for building at all......let alone time to dic k around with building a sub par kit that would take twice as long to bring up to speed to my OWN satisfaction, as just building the Tamiya version.

I like the FB Mk. Vi the most and Tamiya is just amaizing so.. :)

Would probably prefer a bull-nosed night fighter or a Tse-Tse but i am sure atleast one will appear in one shape or form sooner or later too so.

Interesting ratio coming out of this unscientific poll. 2:1 for Tamiya against HK ...

Hubert

While the HK kit has some nice features like the one piece rear fuselage and is a simpler build, I think the Tamiya kit is recognized as being more detailed and more accurate. If people are going to spend this amount of money, they will probably go for the best available.