kotare Mk Va is up for pre-order

cbk57

Good morning Pete

Thanks for the link. The announcement hasn't arrived in the Isles of Man yet.

Do you expect Kotare will produce a Spitfire Vb?

7 hours ago, cbk57 said:

what is the difference between a Mk Va and a Mk II? 

The essential difference was a different variant of the Merlin (please, folks,we all know some regret the lack of engine parts in the kit, let's take that as read and not mention it here :coolio:).

That does mean that the oil cooler under the wing has a circular section, whereas the earlier mks were more "U"-shaped.

6 hours ago, Christa said:

Good morning Pete

I think that is inevitable Christa, but they are getting maximum value from the 'A' wings at the moment, by the look of it. 

I'd love to see a Mk I late - doable from their earlier Mk Is, but nice to get it as a kitset.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the team are producing kits that THEY want to see, according to their initial info. Let's hope they have the same tastes as the rest of us! :)

16 hours ago, MikeC said:

The essential difference was a different variant of the Merlin (please, folks,we all know some regret the lack of engine parts in the kit, let's take that as read and not mention it here :coolio:).

That does mean that the oil cooler under the wing has a circular section, whereas the earlier mks were more "U"-shaped.

So, in Spitfire geneology terms, we have four fundamentally similar Kotare Spitfire kits with a-type Wings and just a few extra parts for subtle differences: windshield, canopy hood, propeller/spinners and oil coolers. Not complaining, just observing, and I'm glad Kotare can maximise their initial investment.

Am seeing how this interest can bite and not let hold. Have only the Brian Lane Ia boxing but the V may draw me in. I am assuming Eduard is likely to make a new IX next year. 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
compared kit contents on Kōtare website

14 hours ago, Christa said:

Good morning Pete

Hi Chris, I think they will be doing the Vb and the Vc judging by the markings on some of the parts in the MkI kit which shows MkI/MkII and MkI/MkV without reference to subtypes. There were only 220 Va’s so it would make sense from a range of marking perspective for them to do the Vb and Vc types.

Kind regards,

Paul

I would be absolutely shocked if they don't venture into the Vb and Vc series. Really, anything other than a IX is going to be their bread and butter. With, of course, a random smattering of other subjects, like the 109K. I imagine over the next few years, as they gain their footing, their lineup is going to be very Spitfire-heavy.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

12 hours ago, Tony T said:

So, in Spitfire geneology terms, we have four fundamentally similar Kotare Spitfire kits with a-type Wings and just a few extra parts for subtle differences: windshield, canopy hood and oil coolers (and spinners?). Not complaining, just observing, and I'm glad Kotare can maximise their initial investment.

Do both the squashy early Ia canopy or revised Va boxings still offer all the necessary parts for a later Ia/IIa?

Tony 

That's the way I read it too. I wonder if it's such a great idea to release an interm version with limited marking schemes. The MK V b/c would make more sense [ at least to me but what I know]. They'll get a lot of mileage  from the b/c .

Got the email about the preorder. The expected release isn’t until September, which means I’ll have plenty of time :) Glad, as I’ve only just purchased the long awaited Kate (with the required amount of fear and trepidation that is appropriate for a HpH kit!).

Kotare can keep churning out as many Spitfires/Seafires of whatever description that they want … we are sadly lacking in accurate renditions of this aircraft. 

The Bf.109K-4 is a welcome edition also … From memory Hasegawa’s example was the closest to a scale accurate representation … and that wasn’t exactly on the money!

An early Fw.190A series might be something that could attract them also, eventually … Certainly, ZM is the only one producing a modern accurate kit at present … and a Kotare styled product would be much more simplified for those not wanting a heavy parts count.

It’s exciting to see what they have coming down the pipeline … more proof that this scale is far from dead!

Rog :)