Next GB: Colour my World Blue

BradG

Ok guys the next Group Build after the Shelf of Doom is;

Colour my World Blue. The two criteria are; blue must be a prominent highlighting colour, think blue nose P-51 Mustangs or the dominant upper surface camouflage colour. For example, an Isreali P-51D in blue-grey and sand is out, but an aggressor F-18 in medium blue, light blue and grey is in. We will err on the side of inclusion for those cases that are border line.

Any questions just ask.  

Well, that is an awesome bit of luck for me.  I didn't get the USAF build started due to having too much on the bench.  It is getting cleared as we speak and should be clear at the beginning of the year for this!  I have a project I already have waiting that is only possible by the good graces of Paul Fisher.

Ok guys the next Group Build after the Shelf of Doom is;

Colour my World Blue. The two criteria are; blue must be a prominent highlighting colour, think blue nose P-51 Mustangs or the dominant upper surface camouflage colour. For example, an Isreali P-51D in blue-grey and sand is out, but an aggressor F-18 in medium blue, light blue and grey is in. We will err on the side of inclusion for those cases that are border line.

Any questions just ask.

Disappointing choice....oh well.

Disappointing choice....oh well.

There will be a subset of members who will have that response no matter what theme or topic we choose, but we need to choose something and let those who are interested in the topic start planning. The Stars and Bars GB ends only a month later, and will need a replacement too, which we'll draw from the suggestions already made here. Hopefully that one will interest you more.

Kev

I'm somewhat in agreement that this may be somewhat limited, but let's see what fits. The “normal†blue camo schemes that I can think of off the top of my head are:

-WW2 USN schemes (early blue grey, tri-color, and overall GSB)

-WW2 PRU Blue or Cerulean Blue camo

-Normal Su-27 Flanker scheme (including adversary/Aggressor aircraft painted in Flanker type schemes)

-JASDF Blue Sea Superiority Scheme as seen on some F-4EJs (and F-2s, but there is no 1/32 F-2)

- Blue Angels

For blue highlighting, I can't think of much beyond the blue nosed Mustangs (I'm assuming that just a blue spinner isn't enough). Maybe VA-153 Blue Tail Flies A-4?

Easiest is going to be the USN schemes (F4F, F6F, F4U, F7F, F8F, SBD, TBF/TBM, AD-3/4)

Does Bf109G-10 White 44 in overall RLM 76 count?

Edited by Dave Williams

I don't mind which shade of blue you use.

6ZzA7ct.jpg

That Hornet is very tempting. Although this would not have been my first choice of GB, I will participate. Part of the fun of any GB is to tackle a subject which I would not necessarily have tackled (or not at this point in time) without this community. And I usually have one or two builds going in parallel with the GB build to keep me entertained. Right now I am considering either that Hornet, a F-16 Aggressor, a Fisher Panther or a French Indochina Bearcat.

Cheers,

David

How about "what if" models?

Take any LSP kit and modify it in some way... this could be as simple as one's own camo and markings on a standard airplane model, to making the wildest changes to a kit. 

This way we could include people who will have nothing to do with kit bashing and part modifications but will just change decals and/or colors, to modelers who modify plastic parts to make the wildest. concepts. 

BUT keep it at a minimum 1/32 scale. After all, this is LSP, not AnySP. That makes it a bit more challenging. 

This would allow many of us to utilize our inexpensive, early Revell kits of the 1960's.

Shelf of Doom kits can be used, too.

Also this may be what some of us who have burned out on making normal airplane models need to revive our mojos.

Enjoy,

Stephen

... and blue it is !

- on the Speed Spifire

- on Fisher's Panther and Cougar

- on Williams' Bros Caudron racer

- on Fisher's (or LSM) Bugatti racer

- on a Nichimo Cessna 172

- on a Planet Models F5-U

- on a HPH Tigercat

(you may add to the list ;). Come one guys, open up your minds : the topic is not just about camoed Hornets !

Hubert