HK Mossie, first sight...... WIBBLE!!!!

notanotherrainydaykit

I don't know much about the mossie but I have looked at lots of Merlin engines and the back side of that engine looks wrong.  Is it substantially different on this plane vs the Spitfire or the Mustang?  The supercharger, the intake and the valve covers all look different from what I am used to seeing on real engines and models of the Merlin.  The distributors also look wrong as you can see the wire looms running off the side of the heads and ending instead of connecting up to the distributor.  Then the distributor where it would connect up to the ignition harness seems to run into the back of the head like it is  wrongly positioned or something.    I don't want to say something is wrong but somehow it all just does not look right. 

One more point.  The supercharger looks like maybe it is installed upside down as I think the intake and carburetor should be on the bottom.  That may just be an installation error and missing parts not on the sample.

Edited by cbk57

The whole Mossie will make it to Telford. Neil is assembling as I write. In fact, probably on the plane on the way over.

Come visit us on the Pocketbond stall, and we'll have the Mossie on display....AND, if you're waiting for the Lanc, then we really do have something to get your juices flowing.