HK Mossie, first sight...... WIBBLE!!!!

notanotherrainydaykit

Seeing as I'm not in Telford and have been following along as best I can on the interwebs...is there a good walkthrough of this kit anywhere? 

I hear things like slide-molded fuselages and one-piece wings and get all tingly, but would love a deeper look into the way this thing goes together.

Matt ... I popped up 3 links on the "Telford" thread from another site ... on one of them, there are a few HKM stand shots there - parts and partly assembled (she's flashing her nacelles!!) ... if that helps?!

Rog :)

What's with the bomber hate, guys?  Dangit guys, it's a NEW TOOL LSP MOSSIE in our favorite scale.

Show some love here!  This is the best news all year.

Support the bomber, guys, and the night fighter will follow soon enough!

Besides, bombers are cool.

Couldn't agree more .. A new tool Mossie!!!,how in the world can you not be pumped up? waited for one like... what? 30 years.

What's with the bomber hate, guys?  Dangit guys, it's a NEW TOOL LSP MOSSIE in our favorite scale.

Show some love here!  This is the best news all year.

Support the bomber, guys, and the night fighter will follow soon enough!

Besides, bombers are cool.

HK should be applauded for putting the two types of bomb bays and engines in the one box, it's strange that folk focus on the negative; Yeah, but it's not... Especially as it's already been stated they will be producing the FB version. Maybe I should email Neil and ask that he print the FB instructions in pink with yellow bunnies on it.

Kagemusha,

it is not because some "prefer" the fighter-bomber that they do not like the bomber or that they will not buy it.

I am one of those guys that "prefer" the FB but I am delighted to get this new tool mossie and I will definatly buy at least one of the bomber version.

I really do not consider myself as someone who focus on negative but I recon we sometime act like spoilt child so I take your point  ;)

... we sometime act like spoilt child so I take your point  ;)

Exactly, if I ever get a Do 335 it won't be the recently released B-2 version, happy for those whose preferred version it is, I'll be waiting until after all the various kits have been released, ZM included. 

By the by... what does "WIBBLE" mean? :)

It's from the Immortal British TV Comedy series Blackadder, in a particular episode he utters the word during a scene were he's feigning madness, I use it when I feel that I won't be able to resist the lure of 

anything to do with a Mossie......

Edited by notanotherrainydaykit

From John Chuckmans web collection of photos....

Best shot I could find showing how the wing between the engine nacelle and fuselage is deeper than the wing outboard of the nacelle. This makes the shape of the fairing between the rear of the engine nacelle and the wing asymetric.

Discuss........

photo-toronto-de-havilland-aircraft-plan

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Jim has just posted a ton of shots of the sprues on LSM...

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3096-132-mosquito-bomber-sprue-shots/

Quite simply, stunning !

I especially like the large mouldings and optional bubble or bulged canopy parts. I know the latter were a feature of the Hatfield-built bull-nosed, paddle-bladed NF.XIX's, so there's definitely scope for x-kitting when the fighter version(s) emerge.

This, and its successors, look to be the 2015 kit of the year, to be eclipsed only by the Lancaster.

Tony

Damn, this kit is as sexy as plastic gets. I fondled the built up version at Telford whilst supporting HKM, and I do have a few close up shots to aid the build. No instructions as of yet.

There are a few refinements to be made to interior parts, surface detail, and that cookie, but as you see, she's a fine bird.