HK Models Bristol Beaufighter?

Hi All

Below is a picture of a LIDAR scanner owned by Neil Yan’s HK Models that is being pointed at the Bristol Beaufighter TF.X at the RAF Museum.  Thanks to the indefatigable ‘Homebee’ on Britmodeller for picking that one up!

8tI2ss.jpg

It was also noted that they were also pointing the scanner at the museum’s Bf-109 E…

pnT0uv.jpg

4oRvSA.jpg

Curiouser and curiouser…

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes
Incorrect photo displayed

A 1/32 Beaufighter would absolutely be right in HK's wheelhouse. That would be a wise release on their part.

A 109E, I'm not too sure. It would likely be more expensive than the Cyberhobby/Hobby 2000 kit, which is a darn nice kit. I'd like for them to stick to stuff that other manufacturers haven't touched yet. I'm also not sure, however, if their A-20 sales have been very robust. They seemed to make it onto the "Lightning Deals" section of Sprue Brothers rather quickly, and have shown up in other sales quite frequently.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

A 1/32 Beaufighter would absolutely be right in HK's wheelhouse. That would be a wise release on their part.

Agreed a Beau does look to be right in HK’s back yard…but then so does the Phantom!

I have the Revell kit with the Lodella adaptations for TF.X but, if HK did it and did a decent job of it, I would certainly buy it. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

44 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

A 109E, I'm not too sure. It would likely be more expensive than the Cyberhobby/Hobby 2000 kit, which is a darn nice kit. I'd like for them to stick to stuff that other manufacturers haven't touched yet. I'm also not sure, however, if their A-20 sales have been very robust. They seemed to make it onto the "Lightning Deals" section of Sprue Brothers rather quickly, and have shown up in other sales quite frequently.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I have to agree with you , please no more Bf-109Es[ and I'm a -109 fan]. I could definitely go with a Beaufighter [ Mk X please]. i don't really quite understand why the A-20 SEEMS to be on sale so much so soon after release. MAYBE it's with the perceived [small] issues like the unhanded firewalls and the nose gear problems [ all easily solved ] , I say it MIGHT be this or it could be the economics of the times.

1 minute ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I have to agree with you , please no more Bf-109Es[ and I'm a -109 fan]. I could definitely go with a Beaufighter [ Mk X please]. i don't really quite understand why the A-20 SEEMS to be on sale so much so soon after release. MAYBE it's with the perceived [small] issues like the unhanded firewalls and the nose gear problems [ all easily solved ] , I say it MIGHT be this or it could be the economics of the times.

Can’t comment on the A-20 as I know almost nothing about it (other than in the book ‘633 Squadron’, 633 were armed with Bostons :P). But the Beau….My uncle worked at Bristol’s through most of the war and Reported in to Roy Fedden so the Beau, the Blenheim and others are types I have always had a keen interest in.

I entirely agree on the 109. It is a crowded marketplace. AS much as I would like to see a Spey engined Phantom, jets of all types are not at the top of my priority to build list so am rooting for the Beau being their airframe of choice.

Kind regards,

Paul

8 minutes ago, fab said:

Where's the 110G???:whistle:

Indeed where is it? A very good question, passed over AGAIN ! In light of that I'll take the Beau, it'll fit on my shelf. A very aggressive aircraft and different enough in design[ 2 engines being chased by an airplane, I love it]. The bf-110G , P-51B/C, and Griffon engine spits seem to be the ones that are ignored[?], despite the fact that I see numerous requests on not just this forum but a lot of the others too.