Looks like Eduard is reassessing 1/32

RBrown

10 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I believe their F-86F is actually the -40 version, so unsuitable for the Korean War.  But I could well be wrong.

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

I rather think you're right there. I don't know the kit, but if it's a good F-40 then removing the extra wingspan near the tip and some fuselage rescribing may be enough to get you a Canadair Mk 6.

Yes, better a repop of the Kinetic -30 F-86F. 

Whatever happened to that?  

Tony 

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I don't think it's so much a matter of what's not available, but whether that subject that's not available would actually sell in 1:32 kit form.

Sure, why would a manufacturer ever consider and invest in a kit that would not sell in the first place. The good thing is, there is still a long list of aircraft whose kits in 1:32 are unavailable and could sell quite well. From modelers point of view, at least...

But given the fact that Eduard bases their general "full kit" strategy on re-packing other manufacturers' kits with add-ons, it is highly unlikely to expect an Eduard kit from scratch in 1:32 anyway.

3 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

Sure, why would a manufacturer ever consider and invest in a kit that would not sell in the first place. The good thing is, there is still a long list of aircraft whose kits in 1:32 are unavailable and could sell quite well. From modelers point of view, at least...

But given the fact that Eduard bases their general "full kit" strategy on re-packing other manufacturers' kits with add-ons, it is highly unlikely to expect an Eduard kit from scratch in 1:32 anyway.

That's what I was thinking, recalling their reboxing of the Hasey Jug. 

So, maybe just a Hasegawa Bf 109 reboxed with Eduard bits.

Pass.

Tony 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:09 PM, 19squadron said:

I completely disagree about Kotare, think whatever you like about the Fit and engineering, but te Kotare Spitfire is really badly researched by comparision to an Eduard Spitfire - the Kotare is bad as far as the big forms go, and the Kotare cockpit is a complete muddle..... An Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MkI scaled up to 1/32 would be infinitely better than the Kotare effort.

[edit: sorry just managed to read the whole thread and saw the ban thing…so back to Eduard]

Edited by nmayhew
I missed the banhammer being wielded!

2 hours ago, Iain said:

I'm probably in a minority of 1 - but I love their 1:32 109E kits.

Yes, they take a little work, but the surface detailing is more subtle than the Dragon kits IMHO.

I'd love to see them pick up the scale again.

48b427_916e4f613a9749b18bf4df7656a99f87~

Blue skies,

Iain

I have three of these in the stash (various marks), the plastic looks great in the box, and I've seen several made up examples at shows that really look the part. I'm no fan of exposed engines etc., I prefer the all zipped up and ready to rock 'n' roll look.

As I'm no 109 expert, what's the problem with Eduard's 1:32 109Es?

:help:

4 hours ago, CharmyDown said:

I have three of these in the stash (various marks), the plastic looks great in the box, and I've seen several made up examples at shows that really look the part. I'm no fan of exposed engines etc., I prefer the all zipped up and ready to rock 'n' roll look.

Too short chord of slats, quite basic cockpit and sporty assembly of the nose area are the most obvious issues. The rest is very minor. Moreover the very initial release had canopy shape issues quickly solved by Eduard.

5 hours ago, CharmyDown said:

The area behind the fuselage is swollen.  It's not noticeable from the side...   but viewed from the top, front, or rear, it looks awful.  And once you see it...   you can't un-see it.  When I built mine, I felt something was wrong, but couldn't quite place it.  And once I applied the early BoB camo pattern, it jumped out at me.  It was in a group build and once completed and RFi pics posted, it went straight into the bin.

You can see my pics here: 

Edited by Gazzas

Left field thought - don't they own / have easy access to  a Mig 21  ?

I did their 1/48 Fishbed and liked it , and in 1/32 there is only Revell's 1974 tooling or the Trumpeter 2001 tooling which seemed not to go anywhere. Plenty of different users and different models to keep Eduard busy re popping for a while . My business ????  I'd look for clear gaps in the market before copying everyone else . 

Edited by Panzerwomble

21 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

Left field thought - don't they own / have easy access to  a Mig 21  ?

I did their 1/48 Fishbed and liked it , and in 1/32 there is only Revell's 1974 tooling or the Trumpeter 2001 tooling which seemed not to go anywhere. Plenty of different users and different models to keep Eduard busy re popping for a while . My business ????  I'd look for clear gaps in the market before copying everyone else . 

Thierry and I have been banging gongs about a MiG-21 since page 1 of this thread. 

I'm glad there's three of us now.

Tony

17 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Thierry and I have been banging gongs about a MiG-21 since page 1 of this thread. 

Tony

18 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Tony

Make it four!

I´d love to get a MiG-21 (ANY MARK!) in 1/32 from Eduard!

Their 48 scale kits are wonderful and the MiG was flown by more then 60 countrys!

I think Eduard are looking at the 109 F or G series, a completley new tooled kit in the Kotare style, but we´ll get a "profipack" style kit with all bells and whistles and later there will be a weekender too.

The 48th scale 109 series, all marks and all scales are their all time best selling kits with more then 250.000 kits sold up until now.

No wonder they look at the 32 market too...

Stefan :beer:

What ever they decide to do in 1/32 scale they should take the Hasegawa approach I think to start with. Give us an accurate aircraft with good surface detail and cockpit, sell a bunch of them and then invest in other aircraft with more detail and options etc. I vote for a Nice F-86F and Mig-15.