New Italeri Macchi MC.200 Saetta in 2024

Jan_G

I guess somebody else stuck that engine on the front when the designer went for his coffee break? Even I could be tempted by that one…..but I’ll probably be dead by the time it reaches top of the pile so perhaps not. I’ll just live vicariously and enjoy old Quang’s build! 

50 minutes ago, mozart said:

I guess somebody else stuck that engine on the front when the designer went for his coffee break?

Like always, the instruction sheet could have been better. :rolleyes:

Edited by quang

This is not a bad idea as, even if not obvious, the PCM kit fuselage was full of small dimensional errors. However, I'm sad they did not go on with cold war jets used by the Italian air force and for which we still do not have large scale kits (Thunderstreak, AMX, Macchi trainers, etc.). It looks WW2 still sells better...

37 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

This is not a bad idea

It’s even a rather EXCELLENT idea as the C.200 is the forerunner of the C.202 and a much more interesting and intriguing airplane. Not forgetting the large choice of colours and camouflage covering  both periods of the Regia Aeronautica in WWII (pre and post Tavola 10).

Having said that, for once I won’t be in a hurry to build this kit. I’d wait and let the aftermarket correcting people having their say first before committing myself to the plastic.

2 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

Just when I am starting a PCM C200, hopefully it will mean that by the time my very slow building gets to the paint stage someone will bring out some paint masks and I won't have to use decals.

Haha! Poached eggs anyone?

14 hours ago, Jan_G said:

Oh dear, nothing big and jetty. Even the promised 1:32 NATO crew set has vanished.

But I am happy for those that like fugly Italian propellery things. It certainly has, er, character. 

Tony